Gylmar814
First Name
Gylmar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ABM Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Mazda Cx-5, (RIP) '17 SGP Civic Hatch Ex
Country flag
Hey guys, left hondata flashpro and new to K-tuner I have a couple quick questions that i can't find in the help contents. I have the v1.2.

Can I use my ktuner with the computer software on both my laptop and desktop? It seems i can't because i registered my ktuner on my laptop fine and it's not letting me access the ktuner on my desktop... Any help?

When using the ktuner software and the ktuner connected, and how i access what tunes i have in my slots and open them. I can't for the life of me figure this out and visually see what maps i have in my slots.

Thanks in advance
Sponsored

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
you can use it on multiple pc. Did you login on your other computer with it plugged in?

Currently you can't see what's loaded on your v1.2 or download off of it. You have to load the calibration from your hard drive or some kind of storage

OP
OP
gylmar814

gylmar814

Gylmar814
First Name
Gylmar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
you can use it on multiple pc. Did you login on your other computer with it plugged in?

Currently you can't see what's loaded on your v1.2 or download off of it
Well that helps 1 question. I am reinstalling the software now

Currently you can't see what's loaded on your v1.2 or download off of it. You have to load the calibration from your hard drive or some kind of storage
I installed the ktuner software on my desktop and when i open it it gives me the credentials to login and i put it in and clicked register and it says account already has been registered. Is it because i need to select update instead?

So if i can't see whats loaded in my slots i need to make a note of what tunes are in my respective slots or i can possibly override one of them, correct?

OP
OP
gylmar814

gylmar814

Gylmar814
First Name
Gylmar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
And yes ktuner is connected to the computer this whole time

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Well that helps 1 question. I am reinstalling the software now

I installed the ktuner software on my desktop and when i open it it gives me the credentials to login and i put it in and clicked register and it says account already has been registered. Is it because i need to select update instead?

So if i can't see whats loaded in my slots i need to make a note of what tunes are in my respective slots or i can possibly override one of them, correct?
Hit update

You can't see what's loaded but you can see what slot has a calibration uploaded to it. You can override whatever slot has a calibration on it when uploading.

OP
OP
gylmar814

gylmar814

Gylmar814
First Name
Gylmar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Okay this is getting strange... i uninstall the program from my computer and reinstall, open ktuner, and the account management window opens so i can input my credentials and connect the ktuner and in about 5 seconds the window just disappears and when i try to open ktuner again i get another message saying the shortcut doesnt work anymore and if i would like to delete the shortcut. I repeated this cycle atleast 10 times now....uninstall,reinstall, ktuner connected, etc etc etc.... I've tried different methods like having ktuner already connected already before opening the software and nothing...

Refer to the pictures:

Honda Civic 10th gen New K-Tuner user couple questions ktuner msg 1

Honda Civic 10th gen New K-Tuner user couple questions ktuner msg2

OP
OP
gylmar814

gylmar814

Gylmar814
First Name
Gylmar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I've tried restarting the computer, doing it all over again, nothing...

OP
OP
gylmar814

gylmar814

Gylmar814
First Name
Gylmar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Here is another pic to show ktuner is connected when opening the newly installed software... Also fairly new desktop running windows 10. The ktuner software runs just fine on my windows 7 laptop @KTuner any suggestions

Honda Civic 10th gen New K-Tuner user couple questions 20180907_143402

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Here is another pic to show ktuner is connected when opening the newly installed software... Also fairly new desktop running windows 10. The ktuner software runs just fine on my windows 7 laptop @KTuner any suggestions

20180907_143402.jpg
I just tested it on a fresh install windows 10 and it worked fine

Don't have your KTuner plugged in and start your software. It might say your password is incorrect and the update and register button is grey out.. Now plug your KTuner and it should detect it. enter your login info and hit update

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
If your anti-virus or Windows Protector (Which it says to disable on the downloads page) is interfering with the software operation, some of them move the application to quarantine. This is why we have instructions.

Regarding logging into an existing account there's a nice Help button on the left of that window that when clicked takes you to the help section for registration, which covers both registering and logging into an existing account.

OP
OP
gylmar814

gylmar814

Gylmar814
First Name
Gylmar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I just tested it on a fresh install windows 10 and it worked fine

Don't have your KTuner plugged in and start your software. It might say your password is incorrect and the update and register button is grey out.. Now plug your KTuner and it should detect it. enter your login info and hit update
That's the thing, I tried that too and no matter what the windows page opens for a few seconds and disappears

OP
OP
gylmar814

gylmar814

Gylmar814
First Name
Gylmar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
@KTuner @dc2turbo Just got it to work, thank you! My MacAfee quarantined the software. 1 last thing and this going back to my first question about the tuning slots.... even when I upload a calibration in a given slot, it still doesnt't show or tell me I have a current calibration on that slot.

Example, I upload a tsp stage 1 map on slot 1 and even give the file a name. When I go back to upload another calibration on slot 2 it still shows that slot 1 is empty and if I want to put another calibration on that slot it doesn't tell me i'm overriding anything, as if the slot is empty.

OP
OP
gylmar814

gylmar814

Gylmar814
First Name
Gylmar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You have the option to upload to any tuning slot any time, as it simply overwrites what's there if there is currently a tune.
Understood, but say for instance I want to upload a calibration on slot 2. How would I know if there is currently a calibration or not on that slot if I want to put calibration on there so i dont accidentally override what's in that slot. Because when I select upload a tune it refers me to the window to either select to direct flash to ecu or pick a slot... but all the slots show that they are empty when in reality 3/5 slots in currently have have a calibration in them. I was trying to find somewhere in the software that currently shows what calibrations I currently have installed and couldn't seem to find it. If it's going back to what @dc2turbo mentioned there isn't a feature for that yet then I understand.

***Refer to the pic below. As of now i have 3 calibrations installed, but doesnt show me what calibration I have installed in each slot. Even when I gave each calibration a file name, I came find that file nowhere in the software.

Honda Civic 10th gen New K-Tuner user couple questions 20180907_170108
Sponsored