K tuner Tune questions for CVT 1.5t

Alex2893

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring Polished Metal
Country flag
I just received my Ktuner V2 and with in an hour after opening i was tuned with the 21 psi duel tune. I went for a small drive and holy shit does this car move now. i punched it at 50 and i could not believe how fast i hit 70. then i was pulling out of a DQ and punched it at 15 mph and i spun all the way to 35 then got traction and i was really surprised by the acceleration. iv never spun before of dry pavement. That said i did not touch any of the quick adjustments. I am looking at them now and im not sure what they mean. The Throttle Responsiveness and the other 3 parameters all say Factory. does this mean factory as in Honda factory? if so was the only thing i did to my car so far was increase power.

I just want to be sure, can i turn all these parameters all the way up? also should i check early spool ? and my last question is should i leave the boost by gear parameters alone?

Honda Civic 10th gen K tuner Tune questions for CVT 1.5t k tuner tune.PNG

My other issue is not all the sensors are giving me live read outs. all i get is rpm and boost. is there something else i need to do?

Honda Civic 10th gen K tuner Tune questions for CVT 1.5t k tuner live.PNG

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
You really need to look at the extensive Ktuner help pages. Basically your throttle response and spool are more or less the Honda factory setup but with additional boost. Those quick settings will help with overall drivability. Just keep uploading tunes with different settings til you find the combo that works best for you.

As far as losing traction from 15-35mph, that's really not a good thing. You may want to limit boost in first gear using the quick boost by gear. On stock tires, I have mine set to 15psi.

As far as those blank sensors, have you setup what parameters you want for all those readouts yet?

OP
OP

Alex2893

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You really need to look at the extensive Ktuner help pages. Basically your throttle response and spool are more or less the Honda factory setup but with additional boost. Those quick settings will help with overall drivability. Just keep uploading tunes with different settings til you find the combo that works best for you.

As far as losing traction from 15-35mph, that's really not a good thing. You may want to limit boost in first gear using the quick boost by gear. On stock tires, I have mine set to 15psi.

As far as those blank sensors, have you setup what parameters you want for all those readouts yet?
i did not realize i had to setup that up. iv been reading and watching the k tuner help pages all day.

OP
OP

Alex2893

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I still cant figure out how to set up the live read outs. i found this but I cant find it on the software.

Honda Civic 10th gen K tuner Tune questions for CVT 1.5t live.PNG

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I think you're looking in the wrong place. All you want is to monitor knock and IAT's, ECT etc., right? On the V2 you go to settings > layout and put in what parameters you want to monitor.

OP
OP

Alex2893

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I feel dumb lol. That was super easy. Now to figure out what all these Parameters mean lol. I am a noob to this. the one thing i did read is you dont want the knock control to hit 1.0. upper .40s and .50s are good

Honda Civic 10th gen K tuner Tune questions for CVT 1.5t figured it out.PNG

ocbooger

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Settings I'm using

Honda Civic 10th gen K tuner Tune questions for CVT 1.5t IMG_20181207_114116