Looking for an aftermarket head unit - Android auto and car play

Crusty210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi a4
Country flag
Hi guys,

I'm looking for an aftermarket head into from a reputable brand for my 2016 Civic Sedan EX-T. My requirements are that it needs to support Android auto and apple car play, along with all existing camera functions and Bluetooth. I'll probably get it installed at best buy or some place similar. Can spend around $300 to $400. Could you give me some suggestions? I'll be happy with a screen size of 7" or greater.
Sponsored

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Galant ES 2.4, 18 Sienna XLE (FWD), 18 FK7 ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
$300 to $400 is kinda tight, depends on the place you go to install, and considering all the harness and maybe an interface for the steering wheel control, perhaps an adapter for backup camera, plus whatever head unit you end up buying...

The cheapest double din Android Auto compatible head unit that I found on Crutchfield is $300, and mostly in mid 300, of course you can get it somewhere cheaper probably, but with all the parts and labor you'll need, my guess is it'll be over $500 to do it right...

But, I haven't done it on my Civic yet (just the Galant), so I bet some other members here can give you a better estimate:)

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I don’t get why you’d want to even attempt if your budget is that low. The stock radio isn’t that bad, you’d be better off upgrading speakers first

OP
OP

Crusty210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi a4
Country flag
Sounds good. I'll hold off for now. I've been having issues with the stock one where it would constantly beep and change the menu screen but I was able to do a factory reset which seemed to have fixed the issues.

U.S.C

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
I went to buy one and for a head unit with everything you want is going to cost you $500+

Ouhuyy

First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic LX Hatchback
Country flag
Hi guys,

I'm looking for an aftermarket head into from a reputable brand for my 2016 Civic Sedan EX-T. My requirements are that it needs to support Android auto and apple car play, along with all existing camera functions and Bluetooth. I'll probably get it installed at best buy or some place similar. Can spend around $300 to $400. Could you give me some suggestions? I'll be happy with a screen size of 7" or greater.
As a Best Buy MECP certified tech I'll just let you know that the wiring harness you need to buy for your car will retain camera. The bluetooth will be replaced by the bluetooth in the aftermarket HU and will need a mic run. If you need the part list for your install just let me know and ill forward you the email with the parts list for my 17 hatch (same install equipment). Also consider getting a Kenwood Excelon unit like the 9904s. It does Apple Carplay and Android Auto while also having stronger preouts for the audio. Newegg has new in box for $399 right now.

davidgostbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex-t 2016
Country flag
Sounds good. I'll hold off for now. I've been having issues with the stock one where it would constantly beep and change the menu screen but I was able to do a factory reset which seemed to have fixed the issues.
There’s an update for your unit that fixes that problem

Ouhuyy

First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic LX Hatchback
Country flag
I'll be doing an 8905s with a PDX V9 for speakers and sub, I'll post an update on how it looks when the radio comes in.
Sponsored