Just got an 18 HB Sport CVT and have a few questions?

cicero8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Hey guys, proud new owner here (first Honda ever) and I had a few questions after spending the last few days reading up on the forums.

1. mudflaps : I've been looking at rally armour but I'm not sure if they fit the car well? I don't like how the OEM contour the car. It seems with rally armour you can only get the Universal ones and then have to cut them to fit?

2. Ktune V2, Will a stage 2 tune break my car? I owned a 2009 cobalt LT before this and it lasted me till now. I like to take care of my cars and don't want to install a Ktune if it breaks my car in 5 years. Does anybody have any input?

3. I've seen a few pictures with roof and hood wraps, mostly gloss black. I was wondering if anybody has done any CF or anything a little more "ricey" and has a couple pictures?!

4. What would you guys recommend to clean the interior/exterior clean. I want to keep the paint looking as clean and glossy as it is now. I don't mind having to spend an hour or so a week cleaning, I just want to make sure I maintain it properly. I've read up on a few cleaning products, but I'm not even sure how often to wax it, and if I should do more than clean/wax?!

Thank you!
Sponsored

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I can at least answer the first question you have. Honda actually has OEM splash guards for the sport hatch as seen in this thread

As for your second question, the only difference between V1.2 and V2 is the fancy tablet doodad. It really depends on the tune you use (at least from my limited research). General consensus that I've read is the +6psi tune is about the most you want to subject the CVT to, but I could be wrong.

OP
OP

cicero8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can at least answer the first question you have. Honda actually has OEM splash guards for the sport hatch as seen in this thread

As for your second question, the only difference between V1.2 and V2 is the fancy tablet doodad. It really depends on the tune you use (at least from my limited research). General consensus that I've read is the +6psi tune is about the most you want to subject the CVT to, but I could be wrong.
Those splashguards are nice, they just all seem to ship to the US sadly. I'm Canadian XD. I'm close to the border though, I could always drive to pick it up.

syncro87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic sedan EX-T, '18 Prius Two, '09 Scion xB, '88 R100RT
Country flag
4. What would you guys recommend to clean the interior/exterior clean. I want to keep the paint looking as clean and glossy as it is now. I don't mind having to spend an hour or so a week cleaning, I just want to make sure I maintain it properly. I've read up on a few cleaning products, but I'm not even sure how often to wax it, and if I should do more than clean/wax?!

Thank you!
Exterior: Go over the car carefully and meticulously with a clay bar. They apply a coat of Collinite 845. If you're really anal retentive, do a second top coat using Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax. In between waxes, after a wash, I find Griot's Speed Shine to work well. You can get more into it than this, but you'll spend a lot of effort to gain you 2% better results that what I just mentioned. At some point, you have better things to do with your life than wax your car, so the advice here will get you, in my experience, the best bang for the buck so to speak. Time/money invested versus results. You can spend a whole lot of money and time if that is your thing, but the products I've mentioned here will get you 98% of the results you'll get spending twice the time/$.

Tip: get a wash bucket that has a grit guard insert in the bottom.

Interior: Nextzett Cockpit Premium.

Rubber seals: Nextzett Gummi Pflege.

Nextzett products in general are top notch in my experience. As is just about anything from Griot's Garage.

BennyBennyB

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Exterior: Go over the car carefully and meticulously with a clay bar. They apply a coat of Collinite 845. If you're really anal retentive, do a second top coat using Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax. In between waxes, after a wash, I find Griot's Speed Shine to work well. You can get more into it than this, but you'll spend a lot of effort to gain you 2% better results that what I just mentioned. At some point, you have better things to do with your life than wax your car, so the advice here will get you, in my experience, the best bang for the buck so to speak. Time/money invested versus results. You can spend a whole lot of money and time if that is your thing, but the products I've mentioned here will get you 98% of the results you'll get spending twice the time/$.

Nextzett products in general are top notch in my experience. As is just about anything from Griot's Garage.
Great info. Which clay bar do you recommend ?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

cicero8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

DO all clay bars have colonize 845? what does this do exactly?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
DO all clay bars have colonize 845? what does this do exactly?
Collinite 845 is a brand of really high quality, long lasting wax. I also use it and it's excellent. It's a totally separate step then claying.

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Collinite 845 is a brand of really high quality, long lasting wax. I also use it and it's excellent. It's a totally separate step then claying.
I also swear by Collinite. Excellent stuff, and lasts a long time. It forms a static barrier that repels dust and dirt. I posted some pictures of my two cars last year, the Civic got Collinite, the van got Meguires. After a month the Civic was still shiny, but the van looked like it was ready to be waxed again.

I also use it on my windshield. Hardly need the wipers, and frost and snow slide right off.

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Lots of people running Stage 2 on their CVT

syncro87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic sedan EX-T, '18 Prius Two, '09 Scion xB, '88 R100RT
Country flag
Sorry not in the thread to reply until now, but these guys above this post who have responded have you squared away. As has been mentioned, use plenty of lubricant when doing the clay bar thing. I haven't looked, but I'd be surprised if there weren't plenty of videos on YouTube on how to use the clay. Don't drop the clay bar, you will contaminate it. Knead it regularly to keep the surface you're using fresh. You do not need to press hard on the clay, you just want to glide it over the paint surface, removing tiny particles.

If you use the Collinite 845 wax, use it sparingly. It takes very little to use it properly. If you use very small amounts, it comes off easily. This is not a case where more is better. If you think you're probably using too little, you are actually probably right on point. Again, I'm sure there are vids out there on how to use it. It is good stuff and a lot of people use it.

Thorough wash ---- clay treatment ---- wax ---- enjoy

OP
OP

cicero8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry not in the thread to reply until now, but these guys above this post who have responded have you squared away. As has been mentioned, use plenty of lubricant when doing the clay bar thing. I haven't looked, but I'd be surprised if there weren't plenty of videos on YouTube on how to use the clay. Don't drop the clay bar, you will contaminate it. Knead it regularly to keep the surface you're using fresh. You do not need to press hard on the clay, you just want to glide it over the paint surface, removing tiny particles.

If you use the Collinite 845 wax, use it sparingly. It takes very little to use it properly. If you use very small amounts, it comes off easily. This is not a case where more is better. If you think you're probably using too little, you are actually probably right on point. Again, I'm sure there are vids out there on how to use it. It is good stuff and a lot of people use it.

Thorough wash ---- clay treatment ---- wax ---- enjoy
Great explanation! Would you recommend a polish if I notice any swirls? if yes, is there a light polish you would recommend? (I've been reading up a bit, debating getting my car a professional ceramic coating, but not sure if it's worth it in Canadian winters?)

zrwizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport,2016 CRV SE, 2014 Mustang, 2011 Mustang, 2010 Civic LX-
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have the oem mudflaps there great. Fit nice ,look good and easy to install.

I use Permanon ,nano technology on my car exterior. Very pricey but easy to spray on.

OP
OP

cicero8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the oem mudflaps there great. Fit nice ,look good and easy to install.

I use Permanon ,nano technology on my car exterior. Very pricey but easy to spray on.
I've been looking to get the OEM all day, can't seem to find them in canada! Might have to call a US dealership and see if I can go pick them up. I'm a couple hours from the border.
Sponsored