How much did you spend on ceramic pro?

Hatchback_lifestyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring (VERY SOON)
Country flag
Hi everyone. I'm thinking of getting my hatchback fully ceramic coated (ceramic pro 9H) and was wondering what did everyone who did this pay? I live in the west coast (Portland to be exact but don't mind driving down or up) I only know of one place that does it here and they offered:

Ceramic Pro Bronze $995

1 Layer of Ceramic Pro Light on Paintwork and Trim
1 Layer of Ceramic Pro Wheel and Caliper on Wheel Faces
2 Layers of Ceramic Pro Rain on Windshield and Glass

Ceramic Pro Silver $1995

1 Layer of Ceramic Pro 9H on Paintwork and Trim

Ceramic Pro Gold $2495

4 Layers of Ceramic Pro 9H on Paintwork and Trim

I've heard from others that down in socal is a little cheaper. Just looking for some recommendations.
Sponsored

X_Gen_Si

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic Si
Country flag
Hi everyone. I'm thinking of getting my hatchback fully ceramic coated (ceramic pro 9H) and was wondering what did everyone who did this pay? I live in the west coast (Portland to be exact but don't mind driving down or up) I only know of one place that does it here and they offered:

Ceramic Pro Bronze $995

Ceramic Pro Silver $1995

Ceramic Pro Gold $2495

I've heard from others that down in socal is a little cheaper. Just looking for some recommendations.
Just do your research man.
I did my car with a detailer that told me he was one of the best out here in NY. He wanted $1,500 so listened to him and left my car to be done. When I went to pick up my car i was infuriated with the way the job came out. When I first saw it looked hazy mind you my car is Black and had lots of what I call "spider web" swirls. I told him I was not satisfied at all! And that I wasn't gonna pay for the terrible job they had done. He agreed that the work was not properly done and wanted me to leave it with them again to do it correctly I SAID NO WAY!! and left. Now I'm looking around for another place but I dont think I will be doing a ceramic coat ever again. Going for Expel wrap self healing PPF. But I gotta pay way more for them to take off the ceramic coat I have and for the wrap. So do your research.

Sorry for the long story.
I just want people to realize that there's lots of places that dont know how to do it correctly.

Peace.

OP
OP

Hatchback_lifestyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Damn sucks to hear your experience! I think the only place near me that does it is that one place. What were the reviews of the shop you went to?

I'm probabaly gonna head down to SoCal and get it coated next summer

FK8 4 Di

First Name
Diane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Damn sucks to hear your experience! I think the only place near me that does it is that one place. What were the reviews of the shop you went to?

I'm probabaly gonna head down to SoCal and get it coated next summer

Check out my buddy Wes Walz at Elite Finish in San Diego. He uses CQuartz Finest Reserve. He owns a "car salon" so you can get clear wrap (Highly recommended) and tint if wanted! Check out his website, he's HIGHLY recommended, does A LOT of high end cars and completely backs his work!!! Good Luck!!

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Always check references and photos of prior work. Thats the biggest thing. 1-2k is about normal for a proper ceramic coating... Also dont forget to ask what paint correction they do to prep for ceramic. Ceramic only looks good if the paint was good to start with. This still applies to new cars with new paint.

OP
OP

Hatchback_lifestyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Always check references and photos of prior work. Thats the biggest thing. 1-2k is about normal for a proper ceramic coating... Also dont forget to ask what paint correction they do to prep for ceramic. Ceramic only looks good if the paint was good to start with. This still applies to new cars with new paint.
OK it's nice to know I'm not being overcharged. Also what do you mean by asking what paint correction they do? Like what they use/do for paint correction?

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OK it's nice to know I'm not being overcharged. Also what do you mean by asking what paint correction they do? Like what they use/do for paint correction?
Wash, claybar, polish, sealant, coating. there is a whole process to it. if they have your paint looking like glass then apply ceramic it will look like glass... if the paint is left mostly untouched it will look only slightly better than factory but with protecting ceramic coating on top.

WallofKron

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan
Country flag

Ceramic Pro Bronze $995

Ceramic Pro Silver $1995

Ceramic Pro Gold $2495

Did you ever end up going with a ceramic coating? I am in Eugene(about 2 hours south of you) and am really ramping up to doing this to my 2017 sedan. Did you end up having a good experience? Price?
Sponsored