How much chrome is too much chrome?

Sushiman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Ex-L
Been lurking around the forum for quite some time, eventually stumbled upon parts from ebay and other aftermarket part vendors. I was almost convinced to order and install the oem chrome door trims when I've read about various opinions about brightwork. Browsing ebay didn't help in that regard because there's so many chrome parts to choose from. My endgoal is to get some aftermarket diffusers/exhausts and maybe a lip and some side trims, and not look like a cheap(er) car cruising on the freeway. On a side note, I can't help but feel that the chrome around the windows seem incomplete and guess what? More chrome parts from ebay! Anyway, back to the question at hand, how much chrome is too much chrome?
Sponsored

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
it's up to you and your taste. I added chrome handle covers and side mirror chrome trims, so now it's similar to a standard touring and i stopped there. I could also add the lower windows trim later, but i am not sure about it yet as i prefer to keep the car within Honda original design options.

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Personal preference, but I can't wait to get rid of all my chrome. To me, when I see a car with a bunch of extra plastic chrome it didn't come with I immediately think the driver couldn't afford the 7 series beamer they wanted. I personally think it looks junky and a bit redneck. Sorry I just realized that might be a bit insulting, but it's not meant to be, just personal opinion.

Dicecube

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I saw on this forum this member put so much chrome on his car, looked tacky as hell. Almost looked fake.I was really sad inside :eek::banghead:

skstyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I saw on this forum this member put so much chrome on his car, looked tacky as hell. Almost looked fake.I was really sad inside :eek::banghead:
i saw that as well...i just :doh:

Elvis 66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic 2015 mustang. 2001 tundra..1997 4runner..1972 chevelle 1966 Lemans
I think chrome is great beautiful ..but when it was in style and real ( metal parts)..as in it was made for older classic cars and bikes.some small parts here and there on new cars is fine ..but when overdone .......like someone wearing high heels with Pajamas walking around Walmart.

SavagePavich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe LX
Country flag
Any amount of chrome is too much for me. Why auto manufacturers insist on making it into an industry wide practice just makes me scratch my head. For modern vehicle design it's awfully regressive (not to mention tacky).

Honestly, some of the models rolling through my shop look like they've had the base design passed off to an Ebay car detailer from China.

I dunno. If you like it, do whatever you want.
The sooner my chrome is gone, the better.:coffee:

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any amount of chrome is too much for me. Why auto manufacturers insist on making it into an industry wide practice just makes me scratch my head. For modern vehicle design it's awfully regressive (not to mention tacky).

Honestly, some of the models rolling through my shop look like they've had the base design passed off to an Ebay car detailer from China.

I dunno. If you like it, do whatever you want.
The sooner my chrome is gone, the better.:coffee:
Oh shit, that reminds me when GM thought they'd gangsta-fy every LTZ trim in their lineup with chrome rims. Glad that's a trend that ended.

But still, GM will always be the plasti-chrome king.

dblshock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Coupe touring WOP Toyota T4R '06
the designers who decide what gets released to the public are having a ball with this platform...I'm staying very close to original chrome myself even though I really like the WOP Coupe blacked moderately.