BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
I am starting to have some slip and needed advice on which clutch to get. I am on somewhat of a budget and don't plan on changing out the flywheel.
I don't plan to upgrade the turbo nor have more than 280ish whp/ 340 tq.
Current mods:
ktuner v1.2
Flex Fuel
AEM dry flow drop in filter
Greddy Exhaust

Future plans:
Catted 3" downpipe
Derf Tune

I need a daily driver friendly clutch with spirited driving in mind and occasional 1/4 mile races. Maybe 2 per year.

I was thinking clutch masters fx300 or spec stage 3+

Thanks
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
SPEC 3+ sounds like a good fit. I've had (and heard of) too many issues with the ClutchMasters options to recommend them at this point.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
I think that Clutchmasters now offers a twin disc clutch option. Some Google sources seem to indicate that twin discs have higher holding power with a softer pedal feel. Don't have any experience with it myself though.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think that Clutchmasters now offers a twin disc clutch option. Some Google sources seem to indicate that twin discs have higher holding power with a softer pedal feel. Don't have any experience with it myself though.
MAP is reporting a heavy pedal with the Clutchmasters Twin setup they are testing. They did say it does well on the street though.

OP
OP
BoostedDreams

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
MAP is reporting a heavy pedal with the Clutchmasters Twin setup they are testing. They did say it does well on the street though.
And that's a 700 series clutch! Do most people avoid the fx300 if they are running bolt ons and just go 350/400? From my gathering I wouldn't go with either of those.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
And that's a 700 series clutch! Do most people avoid the fx300 if they are running bolt ons and just go 350/400? From my gathering I wouldn't go with either of those.
@Matt Noke has the FX300 with the 27Won turbo using an ethanol blend and it is holding the power just fine from what I understand. Remember that is typically a lower torque setup than the stock turbo.

OP
OP
BoostedDreams

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
@Matt Noke has the FX300 with the 27Won turbo using an ethanol blend and it is holding the power just fine from what I understand. Remember that is typically a lower torque setup than the stock turbo.
Yeah good point! So it seems if one wants a friendly daily driven clutch, the spec series might be the way to go. Just wanted to wait until someone who pulls the trigger on their 3+ before I make the final decision.

Daelen@MAP

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Daelen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
SPEC 3+ sounds like a good fit. I've had (and heard of) too many issues with the ClutchMasters options to recommend them at this point.

What issues have you been having and or seeing? We have been working very closely with CM to sort out this platform, and so far most of the reported problems seem to be install error or otherwise. BUT, if there are issues we want to make sure they are sorted.

We have run the FX250, the FX400 with the Aluminum flywheel, and the FX725 is in the car currently. No check engine lights, no rubbing, and very driveable on all of them. teh FX250 would be be for someone not really planning to modify the car, the FX400 would be for those of you looking to get to the "Stage 2" power levels and still daily the car, the FX725 twin is going to be for those looking to make higher horsepower, and drag racing the car, as it will take the constant slipping much better.
Sponsored