OP
OP

RyzenShine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport
Country flag
So if you get this Phearable tune, do you still need a Tech-Tuner to tailor it further to your car?
A local Auto Performance garage goes on about the guy there taking my car out and custom tuning it. I don't mind paying for it to be done proper but wondering what everyone has been doing?
It sounds like the Phearable tune was made with the stock car in mind.
Sponsored

ATLAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
So if you get this Phearable tune, do you still need a Tech-Tuner to tailor it further to your car?
A local Auto Performance garage goes on about the guy there taking my car out and custom tuning it. I don't mind paying for it to be done proper but wondering what everyone has been doing?
It sounds like the Phearable tune was made with the stock car in mind.
If you get the Phearable 1.5 tune you don't need to take it anywhere else. Just plug and play (flash) and you are good to go, while keeping your eye on the important parameters.

OP
OP

RyzenShine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport
Country flag
If you get the Phearable 1.5 tune you don't need to take it anywhere else. Just plug and play (flash) and you are good to go, while keeping your eye on the important parameters.
Ok thanks. It was 800$ CAD before taxes after your purchased the k tuner. I mentioned the Phearble tune but he still talked about their Tuner taking my car and personalizing it. Thanks for the clarification.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Two things.

#1 OTS tunes are basically designed for near stock setups.

#2 As a general rule, don't just take your car to the "local tuner", unless you know for a fact they're experts on the 10th gen. You're probably safer getting etuned by D-Rob or John Vega in the long run if you ever go custom.

OP
OP

RyzenShine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport
Country flag
Two things.

#1 OTS tunes are basically designed for near stock setups.

#2 As a general rule, don't just take your car to the "local tuner", unless you know for a fact they're experts on the 10th gen. You're probably safer getting etuned by D-Rob or John Vega in the long run if you ever go custom.
Ok good to know. Is it fair to say that most people’s reviews I have read are those running the Phearble 1.5 OTS tune or is an e-tune or other popular?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
So here's the thing, if you are near stock or minimal bolts ons, an OTS is a great choice.

IMO, the main reason to go custom is full bolt ons or you wanting something very specific from your tune.
Sponsored