Has anyone done a custom locking glove box?

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Also interested about this. One of the standout negatives for me about this car. Causes so many problems with storing manual, key for wheel locks, and legal leeway during a stop: I mean hey, if an officer wants to eat my pop tart I keep in the glove box in case a diabetic has a problem, go for it. However, do they have legal right to find said pop tart just because I can't lock the glove box- does that make it implied allowance?

OP
OP
iWantaHatch

iWantaHatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic ExlNavi,2016 PiloTouring
Also interested about this. One of the standout negatives for me about this car. Causes so many problems with storing manual, key for wheel locks, and legal leeway during a stop: I mean hey, if an officer wants to eat my pop tart I keep in the glove box in case a diabetic has a problem, go for it. However, do they have legal right to find said pop tart just because I can't lock the glove box- does that make it implied allowance?
Lmao, you'd have to check your state laws. Protect the pop tarts at all costs!

My wife actually noticed when she put her gun in there before going into the courthouse

I was wondering if any of the DIY folks have done one.

CyberCT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Lack of glovebox lock and glovebox light are definitely two annoyances here I took for granted on my RSX. Fumbling around for the EZ pass at night is annoying.

jaginme

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic sedan EX,,2012 Civic sedan lx
Country flag
These are the items I used for my glove compartment. I think I ordered them from Wish, but the description is better on Amazon. They will be cheaper on wish or eBay if you don’t need items sooner.

Honda Civic 10th gen Has anyone done a custom locking glove box? FF54A577-79E5-4191-AF35-ED352F4C7B05

Honda Civic 10th gen Has anyone done a custom locking glove box? 5AECA075-E3E3-42F8-AE69-F1650517160F

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag

Here’s a video of the operation of the glove box. BTW, I disabled the factory glove box latch os it opens automatically when button is pressed.
That’s awesome, thanks for sharing! Does the factory latch not work now due to the new one you installed? Basically the button is the only option to open it, correct?

jaginme

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic sedan EX,,2012 Civic sedan lx
Country flag
That’s awesome, thanks for sharing! Does the factory latch not work now due to the new one you installed? Basically the button is the only option to open it, correct?
Yes, I disabled the factory latch for it to open easier. You probably still could use the factory latch but that is not how I wanted it to work.

enishi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sedan ext
Country flag

Here’s a video of the operation of the glove box. BTW, I disabled the factory glove box latch os it opens automatically when button is pressed.
What's the difference between with the one with detecting switch and without?

EdwarDallas

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
I installed a 12 volt electric latch and a hidden button under the dash. Only opens when car is powered on. If your still interested I can give you more info
I'd like to know about this too.

Edward
Sponsored