Engine Mulfunction light after flash

Tobus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic RS
Country flag
Hi,

I just did my first flash with KTuner (2016 Civic RS 1.5T) and upon starting the engine after the flash the Engine Malfunction warning light is on. I looked it up in the manual and it says solid on means there's an issue with the emissions, and only if it's blinking should you stop driving immediately... it's not blinking so I took it for a drive and didn't notice anything unusual although the light stayed on the whole time.

When I got back I reflashed to factory hoping this would fix the warning light, but it is still on after the reflash... I'm planning on flashing a few more times today in order to find the tunes/settings I'm going to stay with, but am a bit concerned that the light might mean something really is wrong.

When I click the "Error Codes" button in KTuner it comes up with a blank "Readiness Status" screen with nothing in the Code/Description box... if I click "update" on that screen the Oxygen Sensor and O2 Heater boxes go green, the rest stay grey. No idea what that means :)

Is it safe to just ignore the warning light, or should I be getting it looked at?

Toby
Sponsored

OP
OP

Tobus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic RS
Country flag
Light was gone this morning when I started it up - guess it was a false alarm or re-calibration thing. Thanks for the info I'll try it if it comes back on.