briq4

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
Just curious if anyone else has noticed this, but there appears to be waves inside the glass, almost like the laminate is warped it's very fine and when your driving every once in a while I focus on the distortion and it's very noticeable. I'm wondering if it might have anything to do with my Rain Sensing wipers being on during light rain and intermittent in a downpour. Actually found a thread using google, on civicx weird it didn't come up in a search within civicx but anyhow if someone can delete this thread it would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

Last edited:

virtuo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic sport hatch
I know you want to delete this thread, but just glad its not my eyes and this is a real problem.. I have a 2018 sport hatch and notice the distortion on the bottom of the windshield...

OP
OP

briq4

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
No car I have ever owned has had a distorted windshield. This is my 6th Honda. It's not completely normal.

L8apex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SGP Sport
Country flag
No car I have ever owned has had a distorted windshield. This is my 6th Honda. It's not completely normal.
Is this your 6th Honda with Pilkington glass? The OE glass used to be PPG. Not sure if this accounts for the difference but keep in mind that you’re not comparing apples to apples.

Truth is, most windshields have a slight ripple when viewed from certain angles. Sometimes it’s extreme angles, sometimes it just happens to be the angle you most commonly see. It gets more obvious with cheaper and aftermarket glass companies, so the glass manufacturer may be a factor.

Joshv06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic touring coupe
Country flag
This ^.... All windshields have it. It's part of the manufacturer's process to eliminate oncoming glare.

Joshv06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic touring coupe
Country flag
You also mentioned that you focus on it while you're driving occasionally. Maybe if you focus on the road when you are driving it won't bother you anymore.

jcivics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I know you want to delete this thread, but just glad its not my eyes and this is a real problem.. I have a 2018 sport hatch and notice the distortion on the bottom of the windshield...
I have a 19 sport hatch , very bad distortion on the bottom. I can tell after looking under the hood, they tried to polish it with cerium oxide. It dried an yellow/orange clay/dust color consistency. Either that or it’s the pollen from this year, it was so heavy.

In any case, I’m addressing this with the dealer as it’s a week old, and I believe it could be a safety hazard, magnifying the perceived road, not to mention my eyes are drawn to it sometimes. Could be hazardous, you know like texting and driving, magnifying and driving, etc...

jcivics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You also mentioned that you focus on it while you're driving occasionally. Maybe if you focus on the road when you are driving it won't bother you anymore.
If you drop the seat to it’s lowest setting, and depending on how tall you are, it’s very hard not to notice it. I am 6’ and I see it everyday, it’s very bothering.

jcivics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Is this your 6th Honda with Pilkington glass? The OE glass used to be PPG. Not sure if this accounts for the difference but keep in mind that you’re not comparing apples to apples.

Truth is, most windshields have a slight ripple when viewed from certain angles. Sometimes it’s extreme angles, sometimes it just happens to be the angle you most commonly see. It gets more obvious with cheaper and aftermarket glass companies, so the glass manufacturer may be a factor.
My 16 ext was Ppg, this 19 hatch is pilkington

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Wow on Type R too. Are you going to make it an issue? I will be soon and will let you know how it goes
Well I don't think so, the benefit of them changing the glass vs. them fucking something up isn't worth the risk, you know?
Plus the "Joy ride" ahem I mean "test drive" they'll all take in it while it's there lol.

jcivics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well I don't think so, the benefit of them changing the glass vs. them fucking something up isn't worth the risk, you know?
Plus the "Joy ride" ahem I mean "test drive" they'll all take in it while it's there lol.
I’d put it on a Hondata tune, you can put it in valet mode for reduced max torque and speed.
I did have a windshield replaced by Glass America and they fucked up real bad. The molding was so crooked, but they did fix it. They are now out of business.
As a side note, they’ll come do it while you’re at work so no chance of them taking it for a spin. But I hear ya, I won’t even let them do my oil
Sponsored