First Name
Jaya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’ve got a 2016 touring that now needs a new windshield thanks to interstate construction and rocks everywhere, has anyone had to get a replacement and know a round about cost or have any recommendations on where I should go to get it done in the Baton Rouge area?
Sponsored

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
Check with your insurance. In most states it's free (mandatory by law, like in MA) or at least falls under your comprehensive coverage.

Porsche tech

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Odyssey EX-L, 2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
There is another thread regarding W/S replacement. As mentioned, most states (SC included) it is covered by insurance. Also bear in mind that the electronics near the w/s rear view mirror will need to be calibrated. In my case (also a '16 Touring) the glass shop (Safelite) was unable to do it and I had to go to the dealer afterward for that. Insurance reimbursed for that too.

OP
OP
jtouch

jtouch

First Name
Jaya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There is another thread regarding W/S replacement. As mentioned, most states (SC included) it is covered by insurance. Also bear in mind that the electronics near the w/s rear view mirror will need to be calibrated. In my case (also a '16 Touring) the glass shop (Safelite) was unable to do it and I had to go to the dealer afterward for that. Insurance reimbursed for that too.
Check with your insurance. In most states it's free (mandatory by law, like in MA) or at least falls under your comprehensive coverage.
thanks but I was hoping not to go through insurance, I’m still so young that my rates are crazy on top of the already sizeable rates for a newer car that’s full of bells and whistles. That said, my deductible is $1000 so if I can fix it for less than that and avoid a claim that would surely raise my rates, that’s what I want to do. However, it’s beginning to look like insurance may be my only option as I’m finding the windshield replacement coupled with the recalibration seems to be over $1000 no matter where I go

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
thanks but I was hoping not to go through insurance, I’m still so young that my rates are crazy on top of the already sizeable rates for a newer car that’s full of bells and whistles. That said, my deductible is $1000 so if I can fix it for less than that and avoid a claim that would surely raise my rates, that’s what I want to do. However, it’s beginning to look like insurance may be my only option as I’m finding the windshield replacement coupled with the recalibration seems to be over $1000 no matter where I go
Comprehensive or a windshield specific claim should not increase your insurance rates at all. Give your insurance a call and just ask them if you have windshield coverage. I've had to replace them a few times on the vehicles I've owned, no issues and paid $0, no increases in rates either. All depends on state, etc.

OP
OP
jtouch

jtouch

First Name
Jaya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Comprehensive or a windshield specific claim should not increase your insurance rates at all. Give your insurance a call and just ask them if you have windshield coverage. I've had to replace them a few times on the vehicles I've owned, no issues and paid $0, no increases in rates either. All depends on state, etc.
good, to hear it won’t raise my rates, that was one of my biggest concerns, unfortunately I don’t live in a state that offers no deductible windshield replacement. thanks for all your help!
Sponsored