J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Basically, if you'd like to have this unit tell the ECU that you've put your foot to floor when you're only at half throttle this will work for you. Or you could actually just put your foot to the floor.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
The KTuner throttle response quick adjustments that are already baked into the software work well enough for me, massive improvement over stock throttle response. This controller seems a bit redundant to me because if you want WOT, just floor it.

OP
OP
a c i d.f l y

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX 2.0 CVT Sedan w Sensing
Country flag
It did feel a bit redundant if I was going for throttle response specifically, but the ability to change settings on the fly between active and fuel economy without having to completely rewrite the ECU was what sparked my interest. The other settings could be fun? Full throttle on any level of pedal press... Though I was curious if it provided any better base response, or if they were tied to the same ECU variable.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It did feel a bit redundant if I was going for throttle response specifically, but the ability to change settings on the fly between active and fuel economy without having to completely rewrite the ECU was what sparked my interest. The other settings could be fun? Full throttle on any level of pedal press... Though I was curious if it provided any better base response, or if they were tied to the same ECU variable.
use the eco button then....

OP
OP
a c i d.f l y

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Eco button doesn't do shit with a tune other than make it accelerate like garbage.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Eco button doesn't do shit with a tune other than make it accelerate like garbage.
Thats the whole damn point of eco though. If you are always going WOT or accelerating fast eco is pointless and yes gives you less mpgs. But what you are asking for is the eco button.

OP
OP
a c i d.f l y

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
But, it's not. Part of it, sure. But also being able to have stock settings. Majority of my driving isn't spirited, while I definitely enjoy the throttle response, if I'm not in any hurry being able to toggle on the fly would be useful to me.

Econ with tune doesn't really play well together, or actually net any benefit. The slower acceleration doesn't save fuel. Even on long drives I get 36mpg with or without Econ with tune. Without tune, Eco can push economy up to 40+mpg on long distances.

Whether that economy is worth a $250 addon when I've already spent $400 on tune, $450 on front pipe, and more on other shit... Probably not.

Ultimately I'm betting the fact that I only get 22mpg is due to disabling both O2 sensors... So there's a lot to be gained there. Before that I was getting 26-28mpg city. 33mpg before tune.
Sponsored