First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@KTuner, I saw a youtube blog called Mighty Car Mods where they put a turbo in a Miata. They used a Haltech ECU and in the middle of the third episode the Haltech engineer was saying that the electronic boost control allowed increased boost in the midrange to improve responsiveness and drivability. Is that part of what you do with your magical Quick Adjustments?
Sponsored

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
@KTuner, I saw a youtube blog called Mighty Car Mods where they put a turbo in a Miata. They used a Haltech ECU and in the middle of the third episode the Haltech engineer was saying that the electronic boost control allowed increased boost in the midrange to improve responsiveness and drivability. Is that part of what you do with your magical Quick Adjustments?
With a tune, and some of those settings, in total there are quite a few changes that aid in responsiveness which in turn changes drivability. The levels help to tailor it to your specific style, as I realize not everyone wants super aggressive and not everyone wants to stay tame! The boost control strategy is just one of the factors that gets altered with a tune and adjustments!

OP
OP
10GenPearlSi

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
With a tune, and some of those settings, in total there are quite a few changes that aid in responsiveness which in turn changes drivability. The levels help to tailor it to your specific style, as I realize not everyone wants super aggressive and not everyone wants to stay tame! The boost control strategy is just one of the factors that gets altered with a tune and adjustments!
Thanks for the response. You should have made a contract with 27WON instead of PRL on their turbo as you and 27WON turbo seem to be great in the midrange. Hondata should have gotten the contract with PRL as Hondata and PRL are both good at top end. Just kidding of course. ;)

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Thanks for the response. You should have made a contract with 27WON instead of PRL on their turbo as you and 27WON turbo seem to be great in the midrange. Hondata should have gotten the contract with PRL as Hondata and PRL are both good at top end. Just kidding of course. ;)
We're good at top end, too! We'll be reaching out to work with 27WON on their upgraded turbo solution as well. The goal is to help support the entire market with tuning, as it's necessary.

OP
OP
10GenPearlSi

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We're good at top end, too!
Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you weren't excellent in the top end. I just didn't want to be a complete Ktuner fan boy and give you all the marbles since the two premier old school companies PRL and Hondata would do a fine job in the top end too. I thought the two avant guard companies, you and 27WON, was a fit made in heaven.

Last edited:

CrippleRipple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si (LSM)*SOLD* & 2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T (SNP)
Country flag
We're good at top end, too! We'll be reaching out to work with 27WON on their upgraded turbo solution as well. The goal is to help support the entire market with tuning, as it's necessary.
One of the very many reasons I went with KTuner! You guys are awesome, never seen this level of support in the automotive aftermarket before!

If midrange is your goal try setting up quick spool & boost dampening in the quick adjustments.
I was extremely impressed with the increase from these options alone. Not sure what Vit locked his in at?

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you weren't excellent in the top end. I just didn't want to be a complete Ktuner fan boy and give you all the marbles since the two premier old school companies PRL and Hondata would do a fine job in the top end too. I thought the two avant guard companies, you and 27WON, was a fit made in heaven.
No doubt. I think both companies are making things happen, so I'm happy to support both where I can.

One of the very many reasons I went with KTuner! You guys are awesome, never seen this level of support in the automotive aftermarket before!

If midrange is your goal try setting up quick spool & boost dampening in the quick adjustments.
I was extremely impressed with the increase from these options alone. Not sure what Vit locked his in at?
Thank you!
Sponsored