[Canadians] Who put a deposit down for Type-R?

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
hmmm i think he might be over by $2k...

Honda Canada has posted it'll be in the low 40's... so that's up to ~$42,999... with taxes and fees etc etc etc it comes out to around $51K... if it's more then that... then i'll have to highly reconsider...
$2000 won't be stopping me that's for sure, even if it is 53K, still sounds cheaper than the US prices we've been hearing.
Sponsored

MrPink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
I had my first oil change yesterday at the dealer. I am friends with a couple ppl at the dealer. The manager and one of the sales guys said that in the Waterloo Honda dealer they only have a list of 4 people interested but no deposits yet. One guy told me that they might get 4 or 5 and that they will try to hold on to one for a long time so they can have it in the show room.

The guy told me about the type r and si before anyone and I believe they should be kinda accurate. He told me that they haven't had the training or proper info they need to sell the cars.
isn't waterloo honda REALLY small? i worked at BlackBerry and i drove past it all the time...

MrPink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
$2000 won't be stopping me that's for sure, even if it is 53K, still sounds cheaper than the US prices we've been hearing.
your richer then i am! hehe

if my WRX did get smashed and blew up in flames cause some idiot driver in OCT i would have some trade in.... but now i have nothing but a Si Leased ; <

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
isn't waterloo honda REALLY small? i worked at BlackBerry and i drove past it all the time...
They probably sell a shit load of civics, I've heard (from my dealer) dealer allocations will depend on how well each dealer is selling the 10th gens. My dealer is trying to get 2 total for the year.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
your richer then i am! hehe

if my WRX did get smashed and blew up in flames cause some idiot driver in OCT i would have some trade in.... but now i have nothing but a Si Leased ; <
That's no good mr pink!

Javex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan EX WOP - Aero Kit/Wing Spoiler
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Yeah it is a small dealer because the building is old but they move a lot of cars. The Kitchener dealer has bad reviews and its big cuz its new. The manager showed me how they have a bunch of Sport Touring that he was smart enough to buy a bunch. Other dealers come asking for stock from them. I've been to the dealers around the area and that one gets much more traffic.

MrPink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
That's no good mr pink!
yep... tell me about it... i was going to trade it in for an STi in Jan... but then the accident happened ; <

here's what was left... so SAD : < Stage 2 , with Intake and Down Pipe... simple.. yet effective!

Honda Civic 10th gen [Canadians] Who put a deposit down for Type-R? car

Honda Civic 10th gen [Canadians] Who put a deposit down for Type-R? car2

MrPink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
Yeah it is a small dealer because the building is old but they move a lot of cars. The Kitchener dealer has bad reviews and its big cuz its new. The manager showed me how they have a bunch of Sport Touring that he was smart enough to buy a bunch. Other dealers come asking for stock from them. I've been to the dealers around the area and that one gets much more traffic.
true... we shall see...i don't believe dealership anymore... when we bought our Van in Nov the dealership we went to was small and run down and they said they can give more discounts to customers because of it and they offer the lowest price... i went to the one near my house which is shinny and brand new.. family owned... they beat the first dealers price..

But in the end they did give me the cheapest price, but initially they did not, so if i was a sucker i woulda paid more...

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
true... we shall see...i don't believe dealership anymore... when we bought our Van in Nov the dealership we went to was small and run down and they said they can give more discounts to customers because of it and they offer the lowest price... i went to the one near my house which is shinny and brand new.. family owned... they beat the first dealers price..

But in the end they did give me the cheapest price, but initially they did not, so if i was a sucker i woulda paid more...
Lol run down dealerships... sounds like the old Whitby Honda lol

MrPink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
got an email from one of the dealerships i put down a deposit on.. He originally said Fall time frame for the 2018 and said they might not get the 2017s..

now he said he was getting 2017s in spring/summer.. whoot

JDhonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 CTR #2043, 03 S2000, 05 Element, 69 Charger
got an email from one of the dealerships i put down a deposit on.. He originally said Fall time frame for the 2018 and said they might not get the 2017s..

now he said he was getting 2017s in spring/summer.. whoot
That is great news, so looks like we are going to be on the same release as the US. Hopefully I get a call or email soon as well.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
That is great news, so looks like we are going to be on the same release as the US. Hopefully I get a call or email soon as well.
Yeah we better be with the states in all this. I'm still betting on illuminated special visors for us too.

JDhonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 CTR #2043, 03 S2000, 05 Element, 69 Charger
Yeah we better be with the states in all this. I'm still betting on illuminated special visors for us too.
Yes, I'm also extremely curious to find out if we do in fact get the Lane watch camera, that we now know is not on the US car.
Sponsored