First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR in White
Country flag
Hi all,

Anyone notice that their brakes sometimes have an annoying, loud squek sound? My car is around 3600 miles on it.. .I primarily notice the nasty sound when I'm driving very slowly and brake. Any solutions to this? Thanks
Sponsored

turboshawn

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 Buick Grand National, 11 GTR, 18 CBP Type R, 11 Tundra Rock Warrior
Country flag
There always going to squeal especially when they get hot nature of the beast with a soft pad an drilled rotors it’s just the way it is... you think the type r is bad drive my gtr way worse

sean465

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Championship White Civic Type R FK8 R-03927
Country flag
Brake squeal does seem to be a lottery though. Over here one chaps were sooo so bad (believe me watched and heard the clips he made) he ended up changing over discs and pads at his own cost as dealer didn't want to know, but on mine it happens very very rarely...

OP, it may well go away as said, but you might be the one turning more heads than looks alone when coming to the lights!

OP
OP
mdub83

mdub83

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR in White
Country flag
I’m in Houston, so quit warm so far. It’s been 60s for the most part.

turboshawn

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 Buick Grand National, 11 GTR, 18 CBP Type R, 11 Tundra Rock Warrior
Country flag
It’s just the front rotor an pad combo Honda used its the nature of the beast with these brakes

keith1970

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r
Country flag
The brembo brakes are going to make noise. I brought it to the dealership for this problem and a factory rep happened to be there. Said the car was basically a race car with a stereo and the big brakes will make noise. Switching to a less metallic pad will help. Also always check your brakes for gravel stuck between the rotor and the dust shield as this is super common on type r’s and the noise it makes is just violent. My collection is up to nine stones I’ve pulled out of the front brakes.

Honda Civic 10th gen brakes squeeking? B9A43BB8-4ED7-4359-BF7E-A40B6317B193

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
They're loud brakes unfortunately. You can reduce the occurrence of the noise by braking a little harder. If I do 200PSI (2 red bars if you're on the throttle and brake info screen) it seems to rid of the noise entirely.

alex_cw_ctr

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
To be honest, I have 5,500 miles on my car now, and I live in the midwest where it gets -30 outside sometimes, and there doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to the squeaking. It has happened really bad on days where it was 70 degrees outside, and days where it was -20 outside. Sometimes it only happens for the first 5 minutes I drive the car (until the brakes warm up a little), and sometimes it happens even after I have been driving the car like a maniac for 45 minutes.

I am really looking forward to wearing out the OEM pads and getting some different aftermarket ones to compare and contrast the difference.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mine did it a lot during the first year in cold weather.

Now I barely get the squeal...but yeah, it's normal, welcome to Brembo big brakes with wild pads.
Sponsored