Anyone else like the stock EX-T/EX-L wheels?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
After a bunch of wheel shopping/research I guess I'm sticking with the stock wheels and upgraded tires.

For the most part, I actually like the stock wheels. Yeah, they're funky, but they kind of fit the personality of the car. Shined up I think they look pretty good and I get a lot of compliments on them, believe it or not.

Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone else like the stock EX-T/EX-L wheels? splitter1

Another thing with aftermarket wheels is that unless you buy really good ones, the crappy potholed roads around here might just kill them. Plus, it seems to me 18's look much better lowered, which I'm definitely not doing.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you Mr. CivicX expert poster judge. I bow to your knowledge. Congrats on your third post.;)

I'm impressed you have two posts today after having 1 post since joining in November of 2017. Did you lose computer access?

Last edited:

FC215T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC2 1.5T
Thank you Mr. CivicX expert poster judge. I bow to your knowledge. Congrats on your third post.;)

I'm impressed you have two posts today after having 1 post since joining in November of 2017. Did you lose computer access?
Flattered you took the time to look up my history. I tend to follow the mantra of listen more (read in this case), talk less. But hey, perhaps you brought something out of me. Thanks!

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
After running online forums for 20 years, I totally understand lurking. There's no shame in that. Posting can be fun as well. It's all good.

I actually thought about adding it to my other topic but separated it mostly to see if I was the only one that liked the stock EX-L wheels. I think I'll change the title.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
:thumbsup: Looking good after new shoeshine. OE wheels don't attract wheel thieves and virtually indestructible on weathered roads. Better tires can dramatically transform a car's ride/handling/safety. It's one of the first "mods" I do to my daily driver. Will you look for a set of winter wheels or staying with one set of all-season?

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I guess my search is now for the best performing year round all season. I bought Nokian zLine A/S UHP's at a great price and thought they were the answer until I found out they were horrible in snow.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I guess my search is now for the best performing year round all season. I bought Nokian zLine A/S UHP's at a great price and thought they were the answer until I found out they were horrible in snow.
I've had good experience with Michelin Premier A/S which transformed an old Camry (since sold) into Lexus-like ride and provided better traction. Another good one is Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ that provides better traction and quieter than the Firestone. I've started buying used tires with good treads (7 to 8/32) through a reputable online store to cut down on the cost. After that, I just bring them to a local shop to mount and balance for $10/ea. Just have to make sure to bring a torque stick (to prevent over-torque) and double-check lug nuts are attached before leaving the premise. I also re-torque the lug nuts with a torque wrench after I get home.

Last edited:

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The stock wheels are ok. I really liked the wheels on the Hatchback, wish I had a set of those. Also the Si wheels are nice too.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Aren't the EX and EX-L hatchback wheels the same wheels, just tinted a bit darker?

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Aren't the EX and EX-L hatchback wheels the same wheels, just tinted a bit darker?
The Sport Hatch (darker wheels) has the same 18" wheels as the Si (lighter, silver color). EX and EX-L hatchbacks have the same 17" wheels as the sedan EX, EX-T, EX-L.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The Sport Hatch (darker wheels) has the same 18" wheels as the Si (lighter, silver color). EX and EX-L hatchbacks have the same 17" wheels as the sedan EX, EX-T, EX-L.
I'm pretty sure the hatch wheels (non-Sport) are also darker versions.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm pretty sure the hatch wheels (non-Sport) are also darker versions.
You're right. I recall seeing them on the streets and they do look darker.

CobraCommand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Canadian Civic LX Hatchback, formerly 2017 Canadian Civic LX Sedan
Country flag
They are a little too busy for my taste but eh it's all personal preference. I assume enkei makes them still, if so they obviously make some great quality wheels.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
At first I didn’t like the design but they grew on me and their easier to clean and wax then previous cars with aluminum rims . Plus I live in sw Florida no pot holes the wheels will last longer unlike when I lived in new York ( pothole city) the question was asked do I like the stock ext wheels yes I do :)
Sponsored