Any way to stop series of loud beeps when car running and you get out?

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
Any way to stop the loud series of beeps when the car is running and I get out of it with keys in my pocket? I I start the car in the morning and go back in the house or if I get out of car to walk my daughter to the door at school... its loud and annoying...
Sponsored

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
maybe.. it's in the vehicle settings on the head unit

walk away something

mathdydx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
I think that is for to lock the doors or not, not the beeping issue
The car only beeps if the walk away lock feature is enabled. Turn that feature off and the beeps should stop.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
I think that is for to lock the doors or not, not the beeping issue
yea that's why i said it's a maybe
Doesn;t hurt to try but probably wont work since its a safely hazard to leave your car running

_dc_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
maybe.. it's in the vehicle settings on the head unit

walk away something
The car only beeps if the walk away lock feature is enabled. Turn that feature off and the beeps should stop.
The walk-away autolock error is one of the reasons why the car fast beeps when you walk away from it. However, in this case, the beeps are warning you that you are walking away with the remote fob while the car is still running and the doors are closed. I do not believe that there is a way to turn this warning off. It won't beep if you do not fully close the doors, though.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
I don't think there is a way to turn it off.
I just lightly close the door (not fully) when I want to keep the engine running to prevent it from beeping at me.

lyndean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX-T Sedan
Country flag
Not sure about getting out of the car to walk your daughter to the school door, but as far as starting your car at home, why not just use the remote start? There's no need to go out to your car to start it and then walk back in the house.

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan, 2015 Acura MDX Elite
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any way to stop the loud series of beeps when the car is running and I get out of it with keys in my pocket? I I start the car in the morning and go back in the house or if I get out of car to walk my daughter to the door at school... its loud and annoying...
When I leave my car running I pull the key out of the fob itself and then leave the fob in the cup holder or wherever in the car. You can also do that and lock the doors then use the key to unlock it again if you have to run back into the house.

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Not sure about getting out of the car to walk your daughter to the school door, but as far as starting your car at home, why not just use the remote start? There's no need to go out to your car to start it and then walk back in the house.

Depending on his model he may not have it, for example the LX and SI don't have it.

lyndean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Don't all cars with keyless entry in the US have remote start?

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Don't all cars with keyless entry in the US have remote start?
Honda doesn’t want that possible liability when somebody remote starts it in gear and sends the car flying forward or reverse. It’s possible there may be a regulation to prevent it as well but I’ve never looked into it

lyndean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Didn't know that about the manual. Regardless, the OP has a 2016, so it's not an SI. Also, if I remember right, the manual was only available on the LX in 2016 in the US, which doesn't have keyless entry.

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
Our '16 crv doesnt have remote start. My '17 civic EXT doesn't either (manual). I'm not sure but I don't even think my friends '16 M3 7DCT has remote start and if that was something "everything with keyless entry" would have I would expect the top level 3 series to have it.
Sponsored