First Name
Kash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R 2018
Country flag
Hey guys,

So basically I got an email from the dealership to get my 6 month service. Do you guys recommend taking my car back to the dealership to get it serviced or somewhere else? Also should the service be included for free?

Thank you
Sponsored

darrvao777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR, '18 G550
Country flag
Hey guys,

So basically I got an email from the dealership to get my 6 month service. Do you guys recommend taking my car back to the dealership to get it serviced or somewhere else? Also should the service be included for free?

Thank you
Go where it's most convenient for you

Some dealerships offer free/discounted service but most don't. The dealership where I purchased my Type R offers discounted service but still not worth the 90 min drive for me

wildbilly32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Porsche C4S 19 CTR #24184 19 Volvo XC40 R
Country flag
Yeah so I got my six month service email from the dealer just now. I need to look in the owners manual to see what service is recommended at 700 miles!?! The dealers do that just to try to get you back in the door to make more money off of you, in my opinion. I usually by-pass the dealer from the start unless a significant recall that needs to be corrected.

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
The reminders are based on ownership time not mileage. they know how long you have had the car but not your mileage. so there is an average miles driven during a specific period of time so they are taking a stab in the dark that you have driven that much.

There are no services due at 700 miles. The oil minder in the car is set for 6k miles and will be your first service. Services to the car are not free unless you had that as part of your service contract when you bought the car.

The only reason I go to dealer is so I get honda filter and because the bottom plate has to be taken off for oil change. That way if a screw is missing or they drop one they can replace it. a normal oil change place isnt gonna have the screws to that plate and around my parts anyway I wouldn't trust them to take it off to begin with.
Sponsored