Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5T 2018 sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What sub/amp did you use?
I got a Hertz DBA 200.3, as I needed to make an install, where I could remove the sub easy if needed the room in the trunk, so I just plug out the plug and remove the sub, and it's so easy to install, only need to pull the wire for power, and rest is taking from rear speaker, so when the amb gets the input from speaker wires it turns on, and off when you turn off soundsystem.

mochachiino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L w/ Sensing
Country flag
Just to contribute, if you haven't decided already. I only replaced my front speakers and tweeters and added a powered sub in my trunk. This set up kept me very satisfied. I got component JL C1-650 for the front speakers and a Rockford fosgate P300-12 for the subwoofer. I can hear the highs and also the subwoofer gives me the bass that I want.

Some people have suggested that we need an amp to power any aftermarket speakers, but I did not find the need to do so. I normally play music at 15-20, but after I replaced my speakers, I play it at 12-15. I will also note that I have Hondahack and used the DSP-Flat application, which to me, fixes the bass roll off and gives more clarity to my overall set up.

I have not sound deadened my front doors yet, as I am waiting for the parts to ship in, but I am sure it will only improve the sound quality.
Sponsored