Winter. Driving your CivicX, have a Beater or Secondary?

Nozomi135

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si (Modern Silver Metallic)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wish it snowed more in Vancouver so I could get more use out of my winter tires.
You'd love it down around my neck of the woods I'm sure! Up in Moncton, NB myself and am used to storms getting bad enough to literally bury an entire car under a few feet of snow. Driving in it is fun, cleaning the driveway/digging out the car, not so fun!!! :cry:
Sponsored

945T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 LX 6mt, Type R waiting list
Country flag
I wish it snowed more in Vancouver so I could get more use out of my winter tires.
LOL, you and me both. Last winter was pretty interesting however. I'm planning to take the Coquihala up to Big White this winter to see how it does on new snow tires. I will say the stock hankooks (I have a LX) were pretty decent last season, they started and stopped OK in snow and ice but turning below 5 degrees celsius was practically useless, slipped very easily.

TO Turbo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Coupe Touring WOP
It's a Civic X not an NSX. Winter wheels and tires waiting in my garage to be installed.

skullmurdoc

First Name
Frederick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic SI sedan 2017 , Civic SI sedan 2013
Country flag
civic SI will be my daily. We are require by law in Quebec to wear snow tires but I would anyway.
It won't be fun this winter coming from a WRX. lol

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan
I have an Impreza for snow/ice/salty road duty. It loves snow:cloud:

Dicecube

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Props to you for actually putting winters on; when I lived in Victoria, I don't think anyone bothered :oops:
Our last year winter was pretty bad in Vancouver. I had snows on my previous crv every winter but didn't invest in a winter setup for this civic because I'm not sure if I will keep it for long. But I guess I'll keep it for a few years. My priority is saving up to buy a place haha

shadowspar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Hatch LX CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My CivicX's name is Snowy, partly because it's going to be tackling our brutal Northern Ontario winters head-on. I figure a great car is meant to be driven. :D

Have a set of Toyo Observe GSI-05 tires coming, along with some simple fully-painted alloy rims. I've been really pleased with the Toyos on previous vehicles, so I'll give them a shot again. They should be here in the next couple of days, but I couldn't resist the chance to go camping this weekend. Surprise, they have snow already an hour north of here.

Honda Civic 10th gen Winter.   Driving your CivicX, have a Beater or Secondary? snowy-potholes-pp-back-1380x766

I was pretty impressed with how well my CivicX acquitted itself, even with the stock Hankooks on it. On pothole-riddled logging roads with 4-6" of snow and whatever muck underneath, I'd get an occasional bit of sideways slip, but never felt like I was going to bottom out, hang up, or get stuck.

The road crews were putting so much salt on the highway, I was getting thirsty just driving over it. So, I didn't get a chance to test the tires on ice....but I'm ok with that. ;)
Sponsored