Whirring from HVAC when on defroster setting?

VTecYoSelfB4UWreckYoSelf

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Country flag
I notice sometimes when I first start my car if I have the heat on the defroster or defroster/foot combo I can hear a slight whir noise but its absent with every other setting. Anyone notice this? It doesn't bother me I just want to make sure its not a sign of a blower motor issue or anything else.
Sponsored

UmaruIbrahim

First Name
Umaru
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Country flag
Don't worry, that buzzing sound you hear is actually a common occurrence. It's usually the sound of the blower motor working harder to push air through the vents for defrosting. As long as it's not too loud or accompanied by other issues, it's likely a normal part of the HVAC system's operation. However, if you notice any significant changes or concerns, it's always a good idea to have it checked by a professional. You can also visit online plumbing schools. Just know that accreditation is offered by Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DECA), so you can be sure of the quality of the course. Stay safe!

Last edited:

raniquecalvano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw
Country flag
Hey, I've had a similar experience with my car's heating system before. It turns out, that slight whir noise you're hearing could just be the fan motor kicking in. I remember freaking out a bit, but after a quick check with a mechanic friend, they assured me it's nothing to worry about. It's always good to keep an eye on these things though, just in case. Speaking of which, when my fridge started acting up, I found a reliable repair service for it Refrigerator Repair. They sorted it out in no time.
Sponsored

Last edited: