Which clutch is reliable for daily driven car?

stickshiftnewbie

First Name
Phel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen SI
Country flag
I’m planning on upgrading my clutch, can’t decide for a fx250 or action clutch stage 2 with single mass flywheel. Intended to use for a daily driven car with tsp stage 1 tune, thanks
Sponsored

tehSteve

GrayBeard McGootch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Country flag
I can't get any straight answers from Action.
It's like.... dude just tell me what each stage holds!

Honda Civic 10th gen Which clutch is reliable for daily driven car? 51547935_10217386233949961_6182315928911347712_n

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have an Action Clutch in my Integra and it's done very well. Unfortunately, I really stopped using the company due to their attitude towards members of the community. A friend of mine who has a substantial following on Instagram, tracks his car all the time. Consistently out there, consistently putting down good times and consistently improving. He has some pretty big sponsors in the automotive world and he represents them well.

He reached out to Action Clutch for a partial sponsorship to help reduce the cost of putting clutches in his vehicle. They turned him down. Another guy we know has a smaller following, his car is incomplete, multi-colored, track "inspired" and he only does car shows. They gave him a full sponsorship and a clutch kit. 6 months later, he hasn't even installed their clutch. Crap like that has turned many of us actual enthusiasts away from them.

Now, back to your question. I've heard a couple different clutches that are supposed to be close to stock.
But, I feel both of those won't be able to handle the torque you're inevitably going to put down. If you're going to do basic bolt-ons (KTuner/FP & DP/CAI/Flex-Fuel/Exhaust) you'll exceed those ratings in a heartbeat. If that's the case, I'd recommend the
It has a much higher torque rating and would definitely hold that power. However, the pedal is sure to feel much stiffer.

After all that, you must decide whether or not you want to keep the stock flywheel. Now I know you want to keep things "stock-ish" for the most part. However, a new flywheel can/will change that stock feeling. Your revs will drop faster, your car may have a little chatter, etc. It's up to you whether or not you'll want to do that. But if you do decide to, I'd recommend the Steel flywheel. Over the years of seeing built cars using aluminum flywheels, the warpage is real. I'd rather not take that risk personally.

I personally went with the Spec Inc. Stage 3 Clutch with Steel Single-Mass Flywheel (TQR 477 ftlb) - $898.20

It's an awesome clutch and if you want more info on it, I wrote a review HERE. Hope this helps! :beer:

OP
OP

stickshiftnewbie

First Name
Phel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen SI
Country flag
I have an Action Clutch in my Integra and it's done very well. Unfortunately, I really stopped using the company due to their attitude towards members of the community. A friend of mine who has a substantial following on Instagram, tracks his car all the time. Consistently out there, consistently putting down good times and consistently improving. He has some pretty big sponsors in the automotive world and he represents them well.

He reached out to Action Clutch for a partial sponsorship to help reduce the cost of putting clutches in his vehicle. They turned him down. Another guy we know has a smaller following, his car is incomplete, multi-colored, track "inspired" and he only does car shows. They gave him a full sponsorship and a clutch kit. 6 months later, he hasn't even installed their clutch. Crap like that has turned many of us actual enthusiasts away from them.

Now, back to your question. I've heard a couple different clutches that are supposed to be close to stock.
But, I feel both of those won't be able to handle the torque you're inevitably going to put down. If you're going to do basic bolt-ons (KTuner/FP & DP/CAI/Flex-Fuel/Exhaust) you'll exceed those ratings in a heartbeat. If that's the case, I'd recommend the
It has a much higher torque rating and would definitely hold that power. However, the pedal is sure to feel much stiffer.

After all that, you must decide whether or not you want to keep the stock flywheel. Now I know you want to keep things "stock-ish" for the most part. However, a new flywheel can/will change that stock feeling. Your revs will drop faster, your car may have a little chatter, etc. It's up to you whether or not you'll want to do that. But if you do decide to, I'd recommend the Steel flywheel. Over the years of seeing built cars using aluminum flywheels, the warpage is real. I'd rather not take that risk

After all that, you must decide whether or not you want to keep the stock flywheel. Now I know you want to keep things "stock-ish" for the most part. However, a new flywheel can/will change that stock feeling. Your revs will drop faster, your car may have a little chatter, etc. It's up to you whether or not you'll want to do that. But if you do decide to, I'd recommend the Steel flywheel. Over the years of seeing built cars using aluminum flywheels, the warpage is real. I'd rather not take that risk personally.

I personally went with the Spec Inc. Stage 3 Clutch with Steel Single-Mass Flywheel (TQR 477 ftlb) - $898.20

It's an awesome clutch and if you want more info on it, I wrote a review HERE. Hope this helps! :beer:

thanks for the bey informative reply
Sponsored