RickTheWelder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
*cross posted*
Hello Everyone!!

I ran into a fitment issue with the big brake kit that was installed in ep. 9, so I decided to pick up some studded spacers from H&R.

When you choose the right parts and use them correctly, wheel spacers can be a very useful tool for solving those wheel fitment issues. Whether you use them out of necessity, or you want to fill your wheel well a bit more - I hope this vid can answer some of your questions!

Enjoy and thanks for watching!

Sponsored

Yolanda Cyrus

First Name
Yolanda Cyrus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Country flag
yes, I totally agree!
After researching if wheel spacers were dangerous or not, I found out they are not. Due to some reasons why people find them dangerous was because of the following: Cheap spacers, lack in torquing the studded spacers, no center core, not putting extended studs.

People say that your wheel bearings will get damaged with spacers, that is true, same goes for people who are running aggressive wheel setups on their cars WITHOUT spacers. Our cars came with weak offsets for a reason, same goes with the mugen GPS or even HFP rims for our wheel bearings are designed for those kind of OEM rims.

Also putting wheel spacers on will be your last resort IF you can't find the right specs in rims you wanted (the one want that'll be aggressive) and want your wheels to look aggressive but do not have the extra money to sell your current rims.

and the other reason why ppl put them on is to clear out the inner wheel from hitting the struts (if running modified suspension) and also to clear brakes. (evos put them on the clear out their brembos)

such as this
Honda Civic 10th gen Wheel Spacers ht-Plus-Wheel-Spacers-for-Audi-RS5-15mm-2-1200x675

or this

Honda Civic 10th gen Wheel Spacers -for-Tesla-Model-3-Long-Range-15mm-20mm-4-1200x676

Just!!! use!!! them!!! carefully!!!
and you will be safe!!!
for more info, I read it from this post.