Wheel bearings gone.

jweb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si Sedan
Country flag
This.

I had a grinding noise/squeaking when turning left and it turned out to be brake pad "pins" wiggling out and rubbing on the rotor.
I think I have this same issue, did you just take the wheel off and push the "pins" back in? Do you have any pics?
Sponsored

Civic17siYAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
I think I have this same issue, did you just take the wheel off and push the "pins" back in? Do you have any pics?
The squeak comes and goes so I just went ahead and had the dealer order new pins. I'll have them replaced when they come in.

razz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sentra
Country flag
Passenger rear makes noise after 50.... not worried bout it...yet ‍♂
My 2017 EX has 60K km on it, and also started making a noise. Especially noticeable around 95 km/h. How do you tell which side the noise is coming from?

Mike2020si

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
So at 15k miles I developed a grinding noise coming from the front left wheel when going straight and turning left. At first I thought it was pads but when I was changing them I spun the hub and you could hear the noise clearly coming from the bearing. A little disappointed to be honest. Car has around 15k miles and is a 2018. Granted this car has been put to the test this year with six track days under its belt and being tuned and lowered. Which I read can help these bearings dig their own grave. How normal is it for these bearings to go bad??
Hey man. Any way you can take a look at my latest video in my thread? Having a squeak problem myself from the front left. Still haven’t figured it out, don’t want it to be my wheel bearing. Under warranty but want to figure it out myself.

razz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sentra
Country flag
Hey man. Any way you can take a look at my latest video in my thread? Having a squeak problem myself from the front left. Still haven’t figured it out, don’t want it to be my wheel bearing. Under warranty but want to figure it out myself.
It was a totally different problem for me. It turns out I had a nail sticking a little out of the tire. Was making contact/noise with the road at high RPMs.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
Wheel bearings can go pretty randomly, honestly. Sometimes they’re just faulty out if the box. There are so many things that could cause one to wear prematurely.

Take to an independent mechanic to properly diagnose and fix. A wheel bearing replacement isn’t terribly expensive.

the_civic

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm having the same issue (minus the track days)... Driver's side Wheel Bearing appears to be failing... getting that metal on metal grinding noise when turning left...

I'm also aligned with no camber kit dropped on Skunk2 springs... Hoping to find a mod-friendly dealer that might not give me a hard time about getting it replaced under warranty... we'll see... :dunno:
Haven’t seen this thread in a whilllleeeee... lol... but figured I’d post an update on the off chance that it might help someone else...

Turns out... it wasn’t my wheel bearing as I originally feared (thankfully)... as a number of other CivicXers have experienced since this thread first popped up, my metal on metal grinding noise was related to the loose “brake pin” issue... I ended up inspecting / cleaning my calipers and replacing my rotors and pads... haven’t had any issues since... so for anyone in a similar situation, I’d suggest taking a good look at your calipers / rotors / pads before jumping to the bearing... ?

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Can anyone provide a picture of these “brake pins” y’all are talking about? I have a swish swish swish noise from the left front and I’m just not sure what it could be. It doesn’t change under braking but when the car is lifted and I spin the wheel it’s not smooth like there is a spot that sticks just a bit. You can see some resistance to the rotation in one spot if that makes sense. I also seem to have what sounds like tire noise on the freeway that sounds like a lifted truck with mud tires coming from what sounds like everywhere. I have stock tires on 9.5 inch wide wheels so they are a bit stretched. Also I have -2 camber in the rear and -2.5 in the front. I don’t know if it’s just old stretched tires or something else . PLEASE HELP !!!!
Sponsored