What would you trade your fk8 for sub 50k?

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
I love my car, I bought it new in 2019 and have done the typical mods (intake, intercooler, Catted downpipe, custom tune, 18’s etc), but coming from an s2000, I sure do miss the feel of RWD sometimeS.
What are some cars you guys would consider for under 50k?
A few that come to mind for me are:
2020 Supra
C6Z
E55 amg
Sponsored

04sthemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI, 2004 Dodge Ram 1500
Country flag
I’d look at a new Z

04sthemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI, 2004 Dodge Ram 1500
Country flag
realize the new Z, really isn't that new... RZ34, where the old Z was Z34.
So the new Z, is not really an all new car. Do your home work if interested....
🙄

OP
OP
BoostedDreams

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Don’t care much for the Z either. Don’t love the sound of V6’s and the chasis is based on the 370. Reviews say it becomes unstable during hard breaking as well.
I like the GR 86, but it’s too underpowered.

OP
OP
BoostedDreams

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Not RWD butt............. FL5
Even if I could get one at MSRP, it’s not going to drive much different than the FK8. Traction issues and understeer get old.. I can easily lift off oversteer but it’s obviously not the same thing.

ApexEight

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Coupes don't work for me (have a kid) but if they did, I'd absolutely look at a GR86/BRZ, Supra, Z, Camaro SS 1LE, and maybe a Mustang (I think the GT is the one with the 5.0 V8? Lol Idk). I think I'll be holding onto my FK8 for a while. It's a 2019 which I feel is actually a pretty unique car (no driver assistant tech that is arguably underdeveloped in the 2020-2021 models, while still having a volume knob/not too many obnoxious touch screen features), but not too old to not have Android Auto/CarPlay out of the box (I think maybe E90/92 3 series may not?). Reliable, track capable, etc. I do really like the idea of the new RS3 to "wind down" with given it's auto gearbox (that's still quick and can hold power) but an engine that still makes the car feel special, like the Type R. They're around 65k though and in high demand (markups) so I'm in no rush.

SmokeGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type r
Country flag
Buy an old miata and ls swap it.

but if you need to trade in to get another car for 50k ish. Theres nothing other than the obvious as already said.

i do like the bmw supra now that it has manual available.

OP
OP
BoostedDreams

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Coupes don't work for me (have a kid) but if they did, I'd absolutely look at a GR86/BRZ, Supra, Z, Camaro SS 1LE, and maybe a Mustang (I think the GT is the one with the 5.0 V8? Lol Idk). I think I'll be holding onto my FK8 for a while. It's a 2019 which I feel is actually a pretty unique car (no driver assistant tech that is arguably underdeveloped in the 2020-2021 models, while still having a volume knob/not too many obnoxious touch screen features), but not too old to not have Android Auto/CarPlay out of the box (I think maybe E90/92 3 series may not?). Reliable, track capable, etc. I do really like the idea of the new RS3 to "wind down" with given it's auto gearbox (that's still quick and can hold power) but an engine that still makes the car feel special, like the Type R. They're around 65k though and in high demand (markups) so I'm in no rush.
I actually have a kid on the way as well due October this year. Girlfriend has a Subaru wrx and my daily is a 2006 Mazda 6, though I’m about to sell it and pick up a super clean mercury grand marquis. So having a 2 door coupe is fine for me.
The mustang is too dime a dozen for me and the ss doesn’t appeal to me.
A C6Z is quite special though..
The Supra has amazing potential and I love the sound of an in-line 6. I’ve seen them make over 900whp on the stock b58.

ApexEight

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I actually have a kid on the way as well due October this year. Girlfriend has a Subaru wrx and my daily is a 2006 Mazda 6, though I’m about to sell it and pick up a super clean mercury grand marquis. So having a 2 door coupe is fine for me.
The mustang is too dime a dozen for me and the ss doesn’t appeal to me.
A C6Z is quite special though..
The Supra has amazing potential and I love the sound of an in-line 6. I’ve seen them make over 900whp on the stock b58.
Congrats man. Yeah my wife doesn't drive manual but has a Telluride so the baby pretty much only rides in it. I'd only get a 1LE SS because it's so track ready, I think the Mustang may have an equivalent package. And yeah nothing is really beating the BMW engines for tuning right now, the new M2 is making crazy numbers with light mods.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
I think you will trade it in, get something else, then regret / miss it. I have a 2017 M2 and a 22 RS3 besides my Type R and the Type R is hands down the most fun to drive consistently.

Sure I like taking out the M2 or driving my wife's car, but neither one has that X factor of driving connection that the Type R has. It's not a 0-60 car for sure, but that one downside doesn't bother me tbh. I have that aspect in either other car but that one upside compared to the rest of the package? Type R all the way.

And I never, never thought I'd feel that way about a Honda Civic lol.

ApexEight

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I think you will trade it in, get something else, then regret / miss it. I have a 2017 M2 and a 22 RS3 besides my Type R and the Type R is hands down the most fun to drive consistently.

Sure I like taking out the M2 or driving my wife's car, but neither one has that X factor of driving connection that the Type R has. It's not a 0-60 car for sure, but that one downside doesn't bother me tbh. I have that aspect in either other car but that one upside compared to the rest of the package? Type R all the way.

And I never, never thought I'd feel that way about a Honda Civic lol.
Can you talk more about the RS3? How does it handle compared to the R, how does it feel to sit in/do you feel like you're sitting high, etc.

danegrey

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type-R / 2012 370z
Country flag
At my last Track Day, cars there were the new supra, BRZ/GT86, Miata.