theemelvinlittle

First Name
Melvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic si coupe
Country flag
Hey everyone so i recently installed a new exhaust on my 2018 Honda civic si coupe, and i was curious what every one did with their stock exhaust and front pipe did you sell it online? Or just sold it to a junk yard? I don’t plan to put it back on considering i want to have the car for a long time. And would rather just sell it to put money back into the car
Sponsored

delayedend

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Hyundai Kona N, 17 Civic Coupe Touring (Sold)
Country flag
Hey everyone so i recently installed a new exhaust on my 2018 Honda civic si coupe, and i was curious what every one did with their stock exhaust and front pipe did you sell it online? Or just sold it to a junk yard? I don’t plan to put it back on considering i want to have the car for a long time. And would rather just sell it to put money back into the car
I sold my stock exhaust to a junkyard, but, that may not make sense in your case. I chose this specifically because I did not have time to sell it, and did not have space to store it.

If you have space to store it, this is most likely the best option. When the time comes to sell the car, put the stock exhaust back on and sell the aftermarket one, as you should be able to get close to 75% what you paid for it.

If you have time to sell it, there are people out there looking for stock exhaust systems, but it will be a lot of work dealing with people and it will most likely take a long time to sell.

If you are in a situation similar to the one I was in, you can just junk it, but don't expect to get any more than scrap value. Maybe $15 - $20 at most.

Bryvno

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I live in California so having a modified exhaust isn’t legal in my state. So I store my stock exhaust in cause I have to switch it out, I’ve already had to fight 1 ticket for it. The previous comment said it best, just store if you got the space. Just so you can sell the aftermarket one if you do end up selling your car in future.