Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring in Sonic Gray
Country flag
Ok Boomer...

Sorry....I had too...LMAO :rofl:
Just messin with you man. :thumbsup:
But you're right, speeding is not required in the state inspection! LOL
lol hey I haven't even hit 30 yet but I do drive fairly conservatively, mainly because I don't trust any drivers on the road in California. Apologies if that is anyone here :).
Sponsored

sgtmorph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Hatchback (Boost Blue)
Country flag
lol hey I haven't even hit 30 yet but I do drive fairly conservatively, mainly because I don't trust any drivers on the road in California. Apologies if that is anyone here :).
I'm 37 and probably act 17 sometimes, so it's all good :thumbsup:
I def dont beat on my Si tho

OP
OP
blackhawk867

blackhawk867

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #21436
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OMG OP! Close the thread! Make a decision and move forward. Wholey Connolly....
Yeah, sorry about this. I edited the OP with all the extra info that's come up in the thread so those seeing this later can find everything in one place. I didn't mean for this to get this crazy, but I'm gonna leave the thread open for discussion if people want.

BTW, I believe the phrase is "holy cannoli", not Wholey Connolly ;)

krees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R & 2020 Ridgeline BE
Country flag
Yeah, sorry about this. I edited the OP with all the extra info that's come up in the thread so those seeing this later can find everything in one place. I didn't mean for this to get this crazy, but I'm gonna leave the thread open for discussion if people want.

BTW, I believe the phrase is "holy cannoli", not Wholey Connolly ;)
Yeah, don't mind the trolls...there are quite a few unfortunately.

The Vyzitor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport FK7, 2010 VW GTI MKVI
Country flag
Anyone thinking it is perfectly okay to go WOT and approach red line on stone cold oil is either trolling, or treats their car as badly or worse than this tech on a regular basis.

Hajidub

Honda driver, vintage stereo enthusiast
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic YES
Country flag
The debate about whether it's a joyride of not is BS. R mode isn't required for the test, speeding isn't required for the test, accelerating like that isn't required for the test. Because the car is meant to drive fast doesn't mean a dealership has the right to use it as such. When/if you take your Jeep into the dealership do they drive it up into the mountains to test out the off road capability?

Blitted_Master

First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe (SOLD)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone thinking it is perfectly okay to go WOT and approach red line on stone cold oil is either trolling, or treats their car as badly or worse than this tech on a regular basis.
Not defending the dealership for beating on the car like they did, but it was warmed up. They ran it for 30 minutes before driving it.

Devil's Advocate: Maybe the full-throttle was to get rid of excess gasoline in the motor from the direct injection?

ebbtide

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback ST
Country flag
Not defending the dealership for beating on the car like they did, but it was warmed up. They ran it for 30 minutes before driving it.

Devil's Advocate: Maybe the full-throttle was to get rid of excess gasoline in the motor from the direct injection?
What about the speeding though? It's one thing to do it in your own car when you can be held accountable if you get caught, but a complete different scenario when someone else is supposed to be taking care of it. These technicians are not trained race car drivers. Heck even seasoned racers are prone to spinning in wet weather. No need to take the risk, and it is disrespectful to the actual owner who is entrusting their property to the dealership.

jgreen16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic EX Hatch, 1990 Chevrolet C1500
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

And where did it say they ran it for 30 minutes?

OP
OP
blackhawk867

blackhawk867

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #21436
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Maybe you misunderstood. The car was sitting in the lot, OFF, for 30 minutes before they drove it. And it wasn't up to temp when I dropped it off as I had only driven it like 2 miles to get there. The clip starts when they turn the car on after the 30 minutes.

Blitted_Master

First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Maybe you misunderstood. The car was sitting in the lot, OFF, for 30 minutes before they drove it. And it wasn't up to temp when I dropped it off as I had only driven it like 2 miles to get there. The clip starts when they turn the car on after the 30 minutes.
Oh, ok. Yes, I totally misunderstood. So it was driven to the dealership, sat for 30 minutes while not running, then started and treated like this. Got you. At least it was only sitting 30 minutes. Still may have had some warmth to it.

I agree with many others in here and would threaten them with going public.

OP
OP
blackhawk867

blackhawk867

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #21436
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh, ok. Yes, I totally misunderstood. So it was driven to the dealership, sat for 30 minutes while not running, then started and treated like this. Got you. At least it was only sitting 30 minutes. Still may have had some warmth to it.

I agree with many others in here and would threaten them with going public.
While I get the sentiment of "threatening to go public", what exactly would I be trying to achieve? I already called, they apologized, gave me $50 credit, and were going to "talk to the tech" because that stuff supposedly isn't tolerated.

jgreen16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic EX Hatch, 1990 Chevrolet C1500
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Technically, it already has gone public. Maybe not to the masses, but the dealer name and location has been put out there. As long as you're satisfied with the result, then there is no need to take it further at this point.

Now, as far as the "talking to" the tech receives, who knows really to what extent that will be.

Blitted_Master

First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
While I get the sentiment of "threatening to go public", what exactly would I be trying to achieve? I already called, they apologized, gave me $50 credit, and were going to "talk to the tech" because that stuff supposedly isn't tolerated.
50 bucks is nothing. A news report on this joyride would be quite damaging to the dealership's reputation.
Sponsored