What temperature for your AC?

happycamper515

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus
Country flag
I need to keep my new Civic at about 68 to be the same coldness as my other 10 year old car I set at 74. I know previous years have known AC issues but I'm hoping this is not a problem and just how Hondas set their AC temps.
Sponsored

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
I need to keep my new Civic at about 68 to be the same coldness as my other 10 year old car I set at 74. I know previous years have known AC issues but I'm hoping this is not a problem and just how Hondas set their AC temps.
Well a ac going bad could be a option, but overall I feel like this new refrigerant that newer cars have (R-123yf) just doesn’t get as cold as the good old stuff (R-134a).

jlamb30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan • 03 Kawi ZX-6R 636
Country flag
Are you in Auto or setting the climate controls manually? With Auto, it decides when to utilize the compressor, recirculate vs outside air, venting, and fan speed based on the in-vehicle and outside air temps. If you set it manually... A/C on, and recirculate, it should perform similarly to your older, previous climate controls.

Oddwayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Si coupe & 99 ej6
Country flag
Well a ac going bad could be a option, but overall I feel like this new refrigerant that newer cars have (R-123yf) just doesn’t get as cold as the good old stuff (R-134a).
You think R134 is good should felt that r12 before they banned it in the 90s

PEPSIFLAME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I keep my side between 63 and 67. My girlfriend keeps hers between 69 and 72.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
From everything I've read, the 2019's and even the new 2020 Civics still have $hitty A/C systems. I don't think they've fixed anything. GIve it a couple years, you'll be going to the dealer blowing warm air.
Sponsored