What did you do to your Type R today?

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
seems you could have gone 265 without rubbing...I believe there's another owner with the same wheel/offset and they are running 265
Miguel (cross from my complex) is using 255/40/18 and have rubbing at max compression / big bumps...so I think 265 might rub...not 100% sure tho
Sponsored

zelmo

First Name
Romy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2020 Honda Pilot
Country flag
I don't want to do any trimming or rolling :( maybe I can get away with that tire on the 50 offset model...probably better to go with that offset anyway I guess
+50 will look too sunk in. I think it will not look proper, but that's just me.

I personally like the aggressive stance, complements the fender flares of the CTR.

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR #16979, '18 Odyssey
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yesterday I hit the wheels with GTechnic C5 and ExoV4. Officially my whole car is "coated" now.
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? iZ1xSx4h

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? jvcLNrRh

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? KBB2QuBh

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? lhyC2MTh

Today I installed the Honda Access dome light (+6.25 hp). Mad tite JDm y0!
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? iBprvGOh

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? rsDjTbyh

nickjohn35

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2017 PMM Typer R. Former: 2004 350Z
Country flag
Yesterday I hit the wheels with GTechnic C5 and ExoV4. Officially my whole car is "coated" now.
iZ1xSx4h.jpg

jvcLNrRh.jpg

KBB2QuBh.jpg

lhyC2MTh.jpg

Today I installed the Honda Access dome light (+6.25 hp). Mad tite JDm y0!
iBprvGOh.jpg

rsDjTbyh.jpg
Awesome! I bought the Crystal Light serum and Exo V4 and C5 wheel armour! Pretty excited to put it on the CTR and my wife’s Murano!

Nice wheels too btw!

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Most of you will roll your eyes but today’s the first time I pumped my own gas in my Type R...or any car for that matter. Pretty exciting after spending countless minutes waiting for attendants at the NJ gas stations... and I can really make sure I am putting premium into the tank!

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 582055CD-313A-4145-8BB4-FF3AF1EC9578

Z06_Pilot

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP CTR #15484 | Corvette Z06's | Toyota Tundra #2, | Mini Cooper Countryman Works edition | Can-Am Spyder | Ducati X-Diavel
Country flag
Most of you will roll your eyes but today’s the first time I pumped my own gas in my Type R...or any car for that matter. Pretty exciting after spending countless minutes waiting for attendants at the NJ gas stations... and I can really make sure I am putting premium into the tank!

582055CD-313A-4145-8BB4-FF3AF1EC9578.jpeg
No eye-rolling here. It's so hard to find service of any kind nowadays (now you actually have to tag your own luggage at the airport?!), you take it when you can find it.

I actually didn't realize having your fuel pumped for you was a "thing" in NJ.....how about the lack of a gas cap? That is something that makes me smile every time I fill up. I keep thinking "how did they do that"? After so many years of being indoctrinated to make sure you click or tighten the gas cap fully to prevent a pressure leak which would illuminate the dreaded check engine light, for a split second I feel like I'm forgetting something when I pull the nozzle out and simply close the flap.

I don't know if cap-less fueling is a thing now or if it's limited to a specific car brand or model, but it's very cool......it's the little things, you know?

NinjamanCTR

Space Force Special Forces
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R, 2018 Ford Expedition Limited, 1998 Ford Contour aka the beater.
Ordered some genuine Honda window deflectors / visors. :D In case you guys are curious, the OEM Honda part number is: 08R04-TGG-100A

Will post pics when installed! :)

mathewp

First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW Civic Type R, Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
No eye-rolling here. It's so hard to find service of any kind nowadays (now you actually have to tag your own luggage at the airport?!), you take it when you can find it.

I actually didn't realize having your fuel pumped for you was a "thing" in NJ.....how about the lack of a gas cap? That is something that makes me smile every time I fill up. I keep thinking "how did they do that"? After so many years of being indoctrinated to make sure you click or tighten the gas cap fully to prevent a pressure leak which would illuminate the dreaded check engine light, for a split second I feel like I'm forgetting something when I pull the nozzle out and simply close the flap.

I don't know if cap-less fueling is a thing now or if it's limited to a specific car brand or model, but it's very cool......it's the little things, you know?

Actually the cap-less fueling has been in use for at least 6+ years. Ford I believe adopted it much faster than Honda/Toyota. My 2013 Lincoln MKZ came with it. I used to see full service gas stations occasionally fumble and look for the cap in 2013 but now a days it is very common.

NinjamanCTR

Space Force Special Forces
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R, 2018 Ford Expedition Limited, 1998 Ford Contour aka the beater.
They look good on the AMB. I have them on mine an they flow real well.
Yeah I've seen a few AMBs with deflectors and I always find myself feeling like a dumbass for not adding them when initially buying the car. They serve a dual purpose really. Functional during inclement weather and they are aesthetic.
Sponsored