What are some good Strut Assemblies. I need to replace mine

MrCivicHatch12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Well after owning my car for almost 3 years my strut bearings are worn out. They wore out prematurely (usually wears out in 5 or 6 years) and it might be cause im unlucky and also partially that im lowered on sportlines. Has anyone replace their struts and if so, did you go with oem ones or an aftermarket similar to oems?
Sponsored

Reactions: GBD

GBD

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Well after owning my car for almost 3 years my strut bearings are worn out. They wore out prematurely (usually wears out in 5 or 6 years) and it might be cause im unlucky and also partially that im lowered on sportlines. Has anyone replace their struts and if so, did you go with oem ones or an aftermarket similar to oems?
Watching this as I’m lowered on sportlines too and I know the oem part is $$$

CWIIIFK7

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback 6MT
Country flag
Check out the Bilstein B4's or the Tein Endurapro or Endurapro Plus (dampening adjustable). I know Rock Auto has the B4 struts in stock right now. From what I read, the B4's and Endurapro's are stock replacements or better and the Endurapro Plus are an upgrade with dampening adjustability.

OP
OP
MrCivicHatch12

MrCivicHatch12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Watching this as I’m lowered on sportlines too and I know the oem part is $$$
False Alarm! It seems that I was given false information from an auto shop I went to earlier that claimed my strut bearing wore out. After visiting my mechanic and inspecting my struts, he said they were fine and still brand new. I was having issues with noises and all sorts of groans and jerks while on sportlines but after switching back to stock springs and wheels, the noise and issue went away. Pretty weird but also kinda glad theres nothing wrong with my car.

dellyjoughnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner, '19 Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
I'm just wondering why a strut bearing wears out in 5 years when that's a part that almost never needs a replacement for the lifetime usage of the vehicle.

OP
OP
MrCivicHatch12

MrCivicHatch12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
I'm just wondering why a strut bearing wears out in 5 years when that's a part that almost never needs a replacement for the lifetime usage of the vehicle.
It gets tampered with during a spring install so if done poorly there can be dirt that can make its way in there or rust, or hitting nasty potholes on the daily that can add more wear on the strut bearing.

Mrbadwrench

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic ex-t sedan
Country flag
My pro kit is loud as shit too on one wheel. The dealership changed one strut for me under warranty and now the same one they replaced is even louder than it as before.

OP
OP
MrCivicHatch12

MrCivicHatch12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
My pro kit is loud as shit too on one wheel. The dealership changed one strut for me under warranty and now the same one they replaced is even louder than it as before.
Yeah my sportlines were loud af too. I dont know why. And the noises it made sounded like the car was unsafe to drive. I always got nervous driving with a full load cause I was worried about others in my car.:confused1:

Maybe it was the way they were installed? I have no idea.

GBD

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
False Alarm! It seems that I was given false information from an auto shop I went to earlier that claimed my strut bearing wore out. After visiting my mechanic and inspecting my struts, he said they were fine and still brand new. I was having issues with noises and all sorts of groans and jerks while on sportlines but after switching back to stock springs and wheels, the noise and issue went away. Pretty weird but also kinda glad theres nothing wrong with my car.
Did you cut the rear bump stops? That took out 90% of the noise and clunking I heard from the rear.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Did you cut the rear bump stops? That took out 90% of the noise and clunking I heard from the rear.
So many people complain about spring noise and don't follow the directions to trim them

CWIIIFK7

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm gonna try this but I'm just not sure how it will work. None of the parts of the spring touch each other
For reference, here is a pic of my rear springs unloaded (car on jack stands):
Honda Civic 10th gen What are some good Strut Assemblies. I need to replace mine 4O_4WXcGpjsLn60ZZitpMqEv9G=w703-h937-no?authuser=0

Now, loaded. (Car on the ground after driving)
Honda Civic 10th gen What are some good Strut Assemblies. I need to replace mine _oG0VojgiBcy2dNDJmmxCKDmKW=w703-h937-no?authuser=0

My springs are progressive, not sure about Eibach's but I believe they too are progressive. Now just imagine what the springs do while driving especially over bumps.

Mrbadwrench

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic ex-t sedan
Country flag
Mine only make noise in the front, and only while turning, not over bumps. I can see the spring while it's loaded and none of the coils are touching each other

CWIIIFK7

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Mine only make noise in the front, and only while turning, not over bumps. I can see the spring while it's loaded and none of the coils are touching each other
Sounds like a strut mount (bearing) or possible sway bar end link issue. I hate suspension noises, they are so hard to track down at times. Good luck brother.
Sponsored