Was my 2016 EX-T purchase considered a good deal?

Godkillah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring Aegean Blue
Oh, you the internet sheriff around these parts?

Tons of people post on that thread, mine would've been overlooked. I wanted feedback on how I performed as a negotiator because I really just went in unprepared; people here obviously have a lot more experience with car buying than I do; and I wanted criticism, not a pat on the back. If the deal was bad, then I want to learn how to improve so I can get a better deal on a future car purchase.

You didn't have to READ OR REPLY to my thread if you felt that way. Yet I find it hilarious that you took time out of your day to make 2 posts, then go on google image to find a meme JUST for me. Or is this already a part of your extensive meme library that you have on your HD for your keyboard warrior adventures?
You sound like a jackass no offense just some constructive criticism that you should probably work on in your life...
Sponsored

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Oh, you the internet sheriff around these parts?

Tons of people post on that thread, mine would've been overlooked. I wanted feedback on how I performed as a negotiator because I really just went in unprepared; people here obviously have a lot more experience with car buying than I do; and I wanted criticism, not a pat on the back. If the deal was bad, then I want to learn how to improve so I can get a better deal on a future car purchase.

You didn't have to READ OR REPLY to my thread if you felt that way. Yet I find it hilarious that you took time out of your day to make 2 posts, then go on google image to find a meme JUST for me. Or is this already a part of your extensive meme library that you have on your HD for your keyboard warrior adventures?
You went in unprepared okay... Still walked out with an OTD number that was LOWER than the MSRP on a new model car with no incentives. You can have all the excuses you want but on principle I wouldn't question the deal even if I was in your position. I hate it when the dealer said 'yes' the first time, and John Doe thinks he got robbed blind because they didn't counter... You're $3000 under MSRP m8...

The fact that you started a brand new thread for your specific pricing suggests that you secretly know that you did good, and had to gloat about it passive aggressively. GET OUTTA HERE!

unr1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
L15B7
Country flag
LOL so much drama guys... let's all just cool off a bit. Enjoy your cars :)

OP
OP
Nomad

Nomad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Zastava Koral
You sound like a jackass no offense just some constructive criticism that you should probably work on in your life...
Um, was I disrespectful/antagonistic to the other users who replied to me? I don't think you know what constructive criticism means but noted your opinion with thanks :)

OP
OP
Nomad

Nomad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Zastava Koral
You went in unprepared okay... Still walked out with an OTD number that was LOWER than the MSRP on a new model car with no incentives. You can have all the excuses you want but on principle I wouldn't question the deal even if I was in your position. I hate it when the dealer said 'yes' the first time, and John Doe thinks he got robbed blind because they didn't counter... You're $3000 under MSRP m8...

The fact that you started a brand new thread for your specific pricing suggests that you secretly know that you did good, and had to gloat about it passive aggressively. GET OUTTA HERE!
Hate to break it to you, but you suggested wrong. You want to be bitter and cynical, that's not my problem, but there's nothing to be gained on my end from gloating to a bunch of strangers. To be honest, I actually signed on this site under the assumption that 90% of the users here had better deals than me due to their experience and understanding of car pricing/negotiating with dealers. It's like a first job interview, even if I got the job, I still want feedback, what my flaws were and what I should and shouldn't do in the future. All I want is to learn how to save more of my hard-earned money.

I don't think you understand how lacking in knowledge I was about buying a new car and price negotiations. I went in for my first time with preconceived notions that most car dealers were out to screw me, call me paranoid I guess. But even if I did get screwed, whatever, I got a new car. Doesn't change the fact that I'm still curious to know how I did and to know my mistakes so that I can learn more.

Last edited:

Godkillah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring Aegean Blue
no one cares how much you paid to be quite honest. If you dont have asperger's id be ****ing shocked.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Well I mean people "care" but it's not groundbreaking where a new thread has to be started... Just put it up in the 'what did you pay' thread.

Quite frankly though I think that thread is garbage because there's so much to sift through and since the variations in taxes, available discounts are so widespread it's never effective anyway...

OP
OP
Nomad

Nomad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Zastava Koral
no one cares how much you paid to be quite honest. If you dont have asperger's id be ****ing shocked.
LOL you're just angry because you don't know what constructive criticism means. Go climb Coit Tower and cry about it. Then take a trolley ride to Fisherman's Wharf and treat yourself to some seafood cocktail, the e-rage will be GONE.

Last edited:

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
This is why I love this forum. Practically unmoderated unless I go threaten to kill your mom or something (which I'm not btw lol)

StarCreator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX-T
This is why I love this forum. Practically unmoderated unless I go threaten to kill your mom or something (which I'm not btw lol)
I guess that makes one of us. All I see is a gang of bullies harassing the newbie. It's kind of disgusting.

OP
OP
Nomad

Nomad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Zastava Koral
I guess that makes one of us. All I see is a gang of bullies harassing the newbie. It's kind of disgusting.
Newflyer was honest, he at least had something constructive to say.

The other two weren't bullies, they're harmless -- it's just their time of the month and they forgot to put on their tampons.

Last edited:

dangerousbri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini
Out the door was $21,876.84

7% NJ sales tax
498.97 doc fee
301.00 title/registration
7.50 tire fee

Got free GAP insurance for 3 years.

Out the door price doesn't matter to anyone except those with your same residence. Just need to know the selling price. Did you lease? Finance? Unless you paid cash the dealer may have made it up with a high interest rate etc.
Sponsored