USB-C to USB inside android auto question (maybe dummy question)

Giguer

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan Touring 2017
Country flag
Hello everyone

quick question for you this morning (eastern time).

We just got a new tablet and it comes with a USB-C cable. Sadly, I can't connect the tablet inside my Civic 2017 because it's a USB-A. The question is (and I am not a tech guy so that's why.)

If I buy a USB-C to USB-A adapter or cable, I should be able to connect my table into my android auto on my civic and have all the features from the android auto?

Thanks and sorry for the dummy question. I would say yes by looking at my iPhone but I still want to confirm haha.
Sponsored

RGBee

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
Hello everyone

quick question for you this morning (eastern time).

We just got a new tablet and it comes with a USB-C cable. Sadly, I can't connect the tablet inside my Civic 2017 because it's a USB-A. The question is (and I am not a tech guy so that's why.)

If I buy a USB-C to USB-A adapter or cable, I should be able to connect my table into my android auto on my civic and have all the features from the android auto?

Thanks and sorry for the dummy question. I would say yes by looking at my iPhone but I still want to confirm haha.
Hi there :) That should work, yes. That's how I need to connect my phone since it is type-c. Any USB-C to USB-A adapter/cable should work granted it supports data transferring (which most do nowadays).

OP
OP

Giguer

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan Touring 2017
Country flag
Thank you, I've ordered one cable.
Sponsored