Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
All,

Just thought I'd share with everyone the BEST aftermarket usb-c cable I've found so far that works flawlessly with Android Auto and my Samsung Galaxy S10.

I used to use the OEM Samsung cable, but after month of use and abuse, the cable finally frayed due to having to bend the cable to tuck it into the storage space...

I've been weary of aftermarket cables due to incompatibility with Android Auto and the all too famous random disconnects, but I finally one that works great!

It is short (1.5ft), inexpensive ($7) and has a right angle USB-C connector. It is pretty low-profile, so it might not work with all cases. But the build quality is great. Metal connector housings and durable braiding. I like the 18" length, but there are also 3' and 6' options.

https://www.amazon.com/UGREEN-Charging-Braided-Compatible-Nintendo/dp/B07VJNQT6F/

Honda Civic 10th gen Right Angle USB-C cable for Android Auto 20200326_181717
Sponsored

mjh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2020 Sedan; Previously VW Jetta SEL 2016 (auto); Civic EX Sedan 2009 (manual); Civic EX Coupe 2002 (manual)
Country flag
All,

Just thought I'd share with everyone the BEST aftermarket usb-c cable I've found so far that works flawlessly with Android Auto and my Samsung Galaxy S10.

I used to use the OEM Samsung cable, but after month of use and abuse, the cable finally frayed due to having to bend the cable to tuck it into the storage space...

I've been weary of aftermarket cables due to incompatibility with Android Auto and the all too famous random disconnects, but I finally one that works great!

It is short (1.5ft), inexpensive ($7) and has a right angle USB-C connector. It is pretty low-profile, so it might not work with all cases. But the build quality is great. Metal connector housings and durable braiding. I like the 18" length, but there are also 3' and 6' options.

https://www.amazon.com/UGREEN-Charging-Braided-Compatible-Nintendo/dp/B07VJNQT6F/
Do you plug the cable right into the socket, or do you use the extension provided by Honda? The cable I have works pretty well (with the extension), but it does drop connection from time to time.

OP
OP
arpypat

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Do you plug the cable right into the socket, or do you use the extension provided by Honda? The cable I have works pretty well (with the extension), but it does drop connection from time to time.
I don't use the extender. I only use the 1.5' cable plugged right into the USB port. Haven't dropped connection, not even once!

Reactions: mjh

Ocelot

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 EX-T sedan, '12 LX sedan
Country flag
I don't use Android Auto, but I have a 10" Tab S6 that I power with 4' CableCreations right-angle USB-C cord.
same metal connectors, robust right-angle connector.
I also use similar for the iPhone for Apple Carplay

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag
I also use similar for the iPhone for Apple Carplay
Is there a particular USB cable you can recommend with a right-angle lightning connector? I don't see anything from UGREEN (the manufacturer of the USB-C cable linked in the OP).