Joecascio2000

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatch
Country flag
Is this the noise everyone is talking about?

Post prevalent at the 0:01/0:02 mark and again at the 0:08/0:09 mark.
Sponsored

lanmaster53

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #23222
Country flag
Is this the noise everyone is talking about?

Post prevalent at the 0:01/0:02 mark and again at the 0:08/0:09 mark.
That sounds like it could be it, but in the video it sounds more like a whirring and less like far away hair clippers. Also, yours appears to change tone/volume based on RPM. Mine is always the same and is 100% linked to throttle.

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Mine is 100% coming from the AC compressor. When I have the AC or Heater turned on, it will usually make this whining/howling turbo sound, but as soon as I turn off the air the sound goes away. I’m going to take it in soon to see what can be done to resolve it because I feel like I lose some power when I hear that noise.

d1390

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
lol I think this thread has turned into a cocktail of different noises that is not the same noise I am experiencing.

lanmaster53

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #23222
Country flag
Mine is 100% coming from the AC compressor. When I have the AC or Heater turned on, it will usually make this whining/howling turbo sound, but as soon as I turn off the air the sound goes away. I’m going to take it in soon to see what can be done to resolve it because I feel like I lose some power when I hear that noise.
When the AC compressor kicks in, it absolutely takes away from the horsepower getting to the wheels, so it is no surprise you feel a power loss. I have the AC howl as well, but it's just wind coming through the system. Probably a design thing. Switch to floor vents and it goes away. This other throttle related buzzing noise, not a vibration, is real, odd, and annoying. I'll get mine to the dealership eventually. I've got a whole host of things to cover with them.

lanmaster53

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #23222
Country flag
lol I think this thread has turned into a cocktail of different noises that is not the same noise I am experiencing.
Yeah... I've lost all excitement that someone has found a solution when i get the email alerts.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
I notice a whiney noise too, but only when I’m taking it to redline. Almost sounds like a faint power steering whine. Any ideas ?

blackie X

First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
i experience the buzzing sound that appears to be coming from the passenger side of the dash, the noise will happen anytime i push down the gas pedal. sometimes its more noticeable than others, but it happens whether i have the AC/HEAT or fans on. when i had asked the deal to take a look they said " we definitely here the noise you are talking about, we think its your CAI " i didn't waste my time and have them look further, i will try another dealer before winter.

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone ever find the cause of this noise? I planned to check for boost leaks today, that's what it sounds like on mine but not 100% sure.

NMEDRAN7

First Name
nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler 2003 SE, Honda Civic Type R 2019 RR
Country flag
i experience the buzzing sound that appears to be coming from the passenger side of the dash, the noise will happen anytime i push down the gas pedal. sometimes its more noticeable than others, but it happens whether i have the AC/HEAT or fans on. when i had asked the deal to take a look they said " we definitely here the noise you are talking about, we think its your CAI " i didn't waste my time and have them look further, i will try another dealer before winter.
Have you ever found out what it was. I have the same sound on my 19 r.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
Both sounds described in this thread are common normal sounds from the turbo civics. Both occur on my 2017 Si.

I figured it was some plastic clip that is loose under the hood that rattles under acceleration.

The HVAC whistle/whirring/whining seems to get louder over time.

I have not heard anybody admit to actual problems related to these sounds yet.

NMEDRAN7

First Name
nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler 2003 SE, Honda Civic Type R 2019 RR
Country flag
no still trying to figure out what it is, about to just give up on it.
Yeah I took it to the dealer. They said it was either the fuel injectors or fuel pump working. And that it was normal. I dont hear it with music so I might just give up also lol

xNFGx

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Si
Country flag
I've been dealing with this same issue for months now. Dealer was able to hear the sound and thought it might have been the blower motor. The noise slowly came back and I'm taking it back to the dealer this week. I'm going to ask them to look at the compressor. Honda doesn't know what is causing the noise but the more people that take their cars in the more we can get Honda to figure this out.

blackie X

First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I've been dealing with this same issue for months now. Dealer was able to hear the sound and thought it might have been the blower motor. The noise slowly came back and I'm taking it back to the dealer this week. I'm going to ask them to look at the compressor. Honda doesn't know what is causing the noise but the more people that take their cars in the more we can get Honda to figure this out.
let us know what you get back from them, i have only taken it to one dealer and they tried to tell me it was my 27won CAI....i laughed and took my car home.
Sponsored