Jclumi

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I have a 2019 CVT Hatch Sport, today I installed the PRL cold air intake and it sounds amazing. You can really hear the woosh. One thing I’m noticing tho is when I’m parked, there’s a pretty loud fan noise. It seems to be linked to the AC bc when I turn up the Ac the sound gets louder. Is this normal or did I do something wrong?
Sponsored

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
I have a 2019 CVT Hatch Sport, today I installed the PRL cold air intake and it sounds amazing. You can really hear the woosh. One thing I’m noticing tho is when I’m parked, there’s a pretty loud fan noise. It seems to be linked to the AC bc when I turn up the Ac the sound gets louder. Is this normal or did I do something wrong?
That’s normal, that’s the fan running air through the condenser to cool the refrigerant

OP
OP

Jclumi

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
That’s normal, that’s the fan running air through the condenser to cool the refrigerant
ohh okayy, it should be fine then. For some reason I just noticed it to be super loud but maybe I’m just worried I didn’t do the install correctly. Thank You!

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That has nothing to do with the intake. Don't know why you would notice it more now. You are going to hear it a LOT during the summer when idling or parked.
Sponsored