With_extra_salt

Threads
Reaction score
Website
daydreamersco.com
Vehicle(s)
Bagged 2020 Civic Ex Hatch
Country flag
Recently installed the CAI from Prl on my 2020 civic ex hatch and loved the loud woosh sound. Just recently after a week the same sound is not produced anymore. I tried hitting the gas harder but the same sound from the first week of install sounded off. It was quieter than usual and I am starting to suspect something is wrong. Anyone know?
Sponsored

SDSport6MT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6mt
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Recently installed the CAI from Prl on my 2020 civic ex hatch and loved the loud woosh sound. Just recently after a week the same sound is not produced anymore. I tried hitting the gas harder but the same sound from the first week of install sounded off. It was quieter than usual and I am starting to suspect something is wrong. Anyone know?
The computer adjusted for the additional air flow. Battery reset will produce the noise again.

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
Youre probably just used to it by now. FWIW, it does sound different in ECO mode on the 6MT, or on the CVT in the all the different modes. I stopped hearing mine after a couple days, but rest assured, folks you drive by notice it, especially if you drive spiritedly.

OP
OP
With_extra_salt

With_extra_salt

Threads
Reaction score
Website
daydreamersco.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Youre probably just used to it by now. FWIW, it does sound different in ECO mode on the 6MT, or on the CVT in the all the different modes. I stopped hearing mine after a couple days, but rest assured, folks you drive by notice it, especially if you drive spiritedly.
Maybe because I have low fuel? My tank is only 50 miles left

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
Maybe because I have low fuel? My tank is only 50 miles left
Highly unlikely. But if you’ll sleep better go ahead and fill it up and see what happens. Listen; these cars will adapt to most bolt ons that you throw at it within reason. Unless your throwing check engine lights you probably have nothing to worry about. Pay attention for secondary symptoms, does the car run like shit? Does it stall? Does it shudder and shake? If not I wouldn’t worry about it. If you’re going to drive around hypersensitive and worried all the time maybe modding cars isn’t your thing?

OP
OP
With_extra_salt

With_extra_salt

Threads
Reaction score
Website
daydreamersco.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Highly unlikely. But if you’ll sleep better go ahead and fill it up and see what happens. Listen; these cars will adapt to most bolt ons that you throw at it within reason. Unless your throwing check engine lights you probably have nothing to worry about. Pay attention for secondary symptoms, does the car run like shit? Does it stall? Does it shudder and shake? If not I wouldn’t worry about it. If you’re going to drive around hypersensitive and worried all the time maybe modding cars isn’t your thing?
Your totally right, owning a brand new 2020 civic and worrying about the engine about anything is not ment for me. Like whomever worries about the safety of their engine shouldnt mod it at all right? Thanks man

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
Your totally right, owning a brand new 2020 civic and worrying about the engine about anything is not ment for me. Like whomever worries about the safety of their engine shouldnt mod it at all right? Thanks man
Nah, you’re alright. Better to be safe and have a reliable vehicle to drive yourself to work so you can pay for it. Better would be, modify smart. Educate yourself on engines, how they work, read....a lot. Go slow and understand what it is you’re doing and how your car will react. I have the luxury of being old and doing a lot of stupid things, moreover learning from it. That said, get on with modding! It’s fun, educational, and working your own car is good for the soul.

SDSport6MT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6mt
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What do you mean battery reset?
Disconnect your battery for over 10 minutes and reconnect it. You’ll lose trip mpg for the current trip I believe but the intake will sound louder until the computer corrects for it. The same happens when going back to a stock tune. I have a KTuner and there is a sound difference between stock and stage 1 and 2.
Sponsored