Unboxing my PRL P600

ToofHurts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag
@CJizzle_FK8 Just putting it out there for reference. Back in April, I went to DRob at IMW with the P600 and stock fuel system, and the car only made 405 whp because I ran out of fuel and pegged the limit of the standard-sized PRL MAF housing.

This past week I went back to DRob with the Hondata Fuel System Upgrade and PRL's Race MAF and the car made 450 whp (447 to be exact).

Both were on 93 pump gas. Car would make a good bit more on ethanol, but it is not readily available in NJ and I am also not trying to push too much further on the stock bottom end.

IMG_5923.jpg
must be a riot driving! goals.

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
@CJizzle_FK8 Just putting it out there for reference. Back in April, I went to DRob at IMW with the P600 and stock fuel system, and the car only made 405 whp because I ran out of fuel and pegged the limit of the standard-sized PRL MAF housing.

This past week I went back to DRob with the Hondata Fuel System Upgrade and PRL's Race MAF and the car made 450 whp (447 to be exact).

Both were on 93 pump gas. Car would make a good bit more on ethanol, but it is not readily available in NJ and I am also not trying to push too much further on the stock bottom end.

IMG_5923.jpg
Nice, Drob works magic on Hondas.

Mike @Kinetic actually just did an FK8 a p600 with the same power as well.

From his FB post

"
Honda Civic 10th gen Unboxing my PRL P600 1643683920846

This one is sporting the following:
@prlmotorsports - P600 turbo, HVI, 3.5 MAF, catted Downpipe
@injentechnology - Intercooler (stock charge piping)
@hondata_inc FSU and FlashPro
Custom tuned to 450whp, 420wtq on just 25psi of boost on 93 oct pump fuel.
Kept it on the conservative side due to the fuel
Honda Civic 10th gen Unboxing my PRL P600 1fa84
Honda Civic 10th gen Unboxing my PRL P600 1fa84

"

gotta be fun cars to drive now.

jpmelfi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR #706, 07 S2k
Country flag
@CJizzle_FK8 yes I am FBO. Setup below:

- PRL High Volume Intake with Race MAF​
- PRL Titanium Inlet Pipe​
- PRL P600​
- PRL High Volume Downpipe​
- PRL Front Pipe​
- Borla Exhaust​
- Mishimoto intercooler & Piping​
- Hondata Fuel system Upgrade​

I will say that in the beginning, I too was thinking of going the XDI route instead of the HFSU. I even went as far as buying the XDI pump (eventually returned it). Not only because of the high cost of the HFSU, but also because I was on ktuner. I eventually spoke with DRob and he suggested going with HFSU over just going with the XDI pump, due to the HFSU being a more refined and complete package. Plus you will most likely need to drill out the factory Fuel Pipe, to get the best out of the XDI pump. So because of all that, it made sense to me, to take the leap to the HFSU.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CJizzle_FK8

CJizzle_FK8

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Damn. Maybe I can convince my fiance how important the hfsu would be to our future marriage lol. Thanks man. Great input again.

Might have to rethink how I'm going to go about this. Prl emailed me and said since the p600 is a drop in turbo all I needed was a tune for installation. So might just go that route for now. Won't be anywhere near my whp goal but I dont just want this part sitting in my living room while I save for a fuel upgrade. ?

Edit: no intercooler?

Last edited:

jpmelfi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR #706, 07 S2k
Country flag
Damn. Maybe I can convince my fiance how important the hfsu would be to our future marriage lol. Thanks man. Great input again.

Might have to rethink how I'm going to go about this. Prl emailed me and said since the p600 is a drop in turbo all I needed was a tune for installation. So might just go that route for now. Won't be anywhere near my whp goal but I dont just want this part sitting in my living room while I save for a fuel upgrade. ?

Edit: no intercooler?
Edited the previous post. Mishimoto Intercooler.

I hear you. I didn't want to wait either. The real push for me to go with the HFSU & the Race MAF was for "safety" more than anything. The power increase is nice, but my main concerns were making sure that I did not under-report airflow or run out of fuel at the higher RPMs. On the stock fuel system and standard MAF, I was dropping fuel pressure and under-reporting airflow after 6k rpms which is less than ideal. That is the reason that on the dyno plot, the run on the stock fuel system ends at 6800 rpms.

I would say at the very least, buy the PRL race MAF, so you don't under-report airflow and maybe you will get lucky with the stock fuel pump. Mine was one of the weaker ones that DRob has seen.

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
My understanding of the fuel system debate based on my conversations with Kefi, and information ive seen on the boards and groups is that the XDI pump should supply close to 500whp (I think I saw 480).

If youre on ethanol, drilling out the line is important to do, if youre on pump, less so.

If you need a drilled line, I saw FK8TD offers them

https://fk8td.com/product/fk8-high-flow-fuel-line/

Otherwise, im told that XDI is going to offer a high flow fuel line "soon"

If you add in a LPFP and injectors, the XDI kit is capable of supplying more fuel vs the Hondata FSU, I believe its been tested to north of 600hp. On top of that the XDI pump can spin higher allowing cars to rev close to 8k. I believe one of the members on civicx, Taylor King on the FB groups is north of 700hp on his XDI setup and Motec which is really impressive.

This example is a bit irrelevant though, as the P600 will supply nowhere near that power, and the Hondata FSU will be more than capable of supplying the fuel needed to make what the P600 can offer. The Hondata kit is definitely nice and has a shiny price tag to go along with it, but I figured I would share the alternative information as well. You cant really go wrong with either choice.

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
They are technically not wrong for saying that. All you do need is to drop this in and tune it. you just wont utilize it to 100% of its capability without supporting modifications.
Sponsored