Ugh...the wait.

timcole421

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sensing Sedan
Hey guys!

I am currently driving my 2007 EX coupe I bought new back in.....well, 07. I drive a lot for work.....just a hair under 300k on the old girl. Still runs great, drives like a high speed hay wagon! I am due, and have been due for a new car for a while, but didn't plan on buying a NEW car again....until I saw the 16 civics.

Read the forums, got pretty educated on the models.....and I decided on an EX-T Sensing. My local dealer has LX, EX and EX-sensing on the lot currently. I drove the EX-sensing and liked it, but knowing I will be putting another 300k on this car, I am going to get exactly what I want.

I decided on a Lunar Silver model, one of the nicest colors for this car IMO. My neighbor is a salesman at our local dealership, and he has been awesome with me bugging him with all the questions. Went to the lot the other day, test drove the EX-S as I stated.....and filled out the credit app. Approved for prime financing....awesome! So we get to looking up who has my car. No one. Closest one is 700 miles away. I decide to be more flexible on colors, and said I would also be interested in the Modern Steel....though I previously ruled it out as I think that color is going to be a dime a dozen on the street. But, local dealers had them on their lots in the EX-T sensing and said he should be able to get one in "a few days". Well, apparently no one wants to play ball and "trade" cars among lots at this stage of the game. He reserved a MSM from Honda that's due to be released.....and should have it "mid-month". Boo, this sucks. I told him to keep an eye out for the Lunar Silver as I would still prefer that and would also consider the white pearl.

Crap.....so from your guys' experiences, would the "mid month" estimate usually hold pretty close to accurate? I want my car, damnit lol.
Sponsored

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
Ask for the VIN. If they have it, then mid month is probably a good estimate. Ohio isn't that far from Alliston or Greensburg. And they wouldn't have a VIN if the car wasn't in transit.

OP
OP

timcole421

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eh I don't have any suspicion he's BS'ing me, just didn't know how good Honda was with keeping on their schedule.

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2O16 Civic Touring 'WOP', 2016 HRV EXL w/nav. 'Milano Red'
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Eh I don't have any suspicion he's BS'ing me, just didn't know how good Honda was with keeping on their schedule.
My WOP Touring delivery got bumped out one week. I've had the VIN# for a couple of weeks. Dealer has said this rarely happens at Alliston. I suspect they are prioritizing shipment of U.S.A. cars as they are more profitable. Someone else said, in another thread, that things are running a bit slow at the Indiana plant.

cktx8388

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Because nobody had the color/trim I wanted in the area, I had to order mine as well. Purchase date was November 19th, was told to expect delivery December 11th, so I was looking at a 3 week wait. No big deal, I wasn't car-less and could be afford to be patient. Imagine my surprise when I got a call November 30th that my car was in and I could pick it up lol. I imagine since there's such high demand for the car Honda is trying to get special orders to where they need to go as quickly as possible.

OP
OP

timcole421

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My understanding is, there is no "special orders" or requests with Honda. They give the dealers a list of what is in production and they can request from that list. But they can't ask for them to make a specific car.

OP
OP

timcole421

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh, I wasn't trying to be a know-it-all or assume what you did or didn't mean, just relaying what I learned the other day....

OP
OP

timcole421

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got 2.9/60.
Sponsored