First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A good number of glitches have already been addressed production wise. LX shouldn't have any significant changes, and because it doesn't have the Display Audio, is likely to have the least issues electronically. EX and above, I'd say wait; LX, go for it. :thumbsup: Enjoy the discount

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Keep in mind that both the factory and dealer are not idiots, and they will adjust their production/inventory to any MY changes.

So while it is true that there will be significant discounts on MY16 cars to get them out before the MY17s roll in, there will be fewer of them. So you may end up not being able to find a car at all because you wanted to eke out that last $500 discount.

As far as issues go, I'd say you're good to go.

Rawnerve1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 crv
Country flag
Picked up a 16 few weeks ago. No problems so far. Look for a later build if you can.

AdamWeishaupt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Civic EX, 2016 Civic Toruing
I'm hoping for an improved windshield in the '17, but guessing that's not too realistic. I haven't heard anything about it yet. Concerned with all of the reports of the windshields being thin and cracking easily from pebbles.

CivicLX2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Vehicle Showcase
LX owner here, purchased late June. I believe the build was the same month. No issues at all.

No future (possible) turbo issues to deal with and no infotainment screen nonsense.

Just pure Honda engineering that works.

Captain

Ghost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Civic FB7 , 2020Civic FC5
Country flag
I bought the 9thgen civic civic touring and I don't have any problem for 2 years so far I will wait the 2018 and buy it smooth condition car. I recommend to you wait one more year and buy it excellent civic.
Sponsored