Legato

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
Just got my car back from my dealership after getting it's engine replaced (flood/water damage) and everything sounds and feels fine and back to normal engine wise, but I did notice that I'm not getting my full turning radius going one way. Turning my steering wheel left I get a full rotation and a half, but turning it right does not even get me one full rotation. I had to check my dad's car to make sure that I wasn't just feeling like and idiot about this, and his car has the same amount turning radius' both ways.

Is there a specific part/area I can tell them to look at so they know what to check out immediately when I ask them about it? I'm not all that familiar with the steering mechanisms of cars.
Sponsored

DRUSA

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R 2000 Honda S2000
Country flag
The subframe was removed from the vehicle in order to replace the engine, my bet is the tech did not mark the original location on the steering column when reinstalling it, then just did an alignment after the repair to center the wheel. Your steering rack is not centered, that is why you have 2 turns in one direction and 1 turn in the other.

Bring the car back to the dealer, it's a free repair ("comeback").
I suggest loading the audio unit with the following, set to repeat on the playlist:

:slap: baby come backkkkkkk

OP
OP

Legato

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
The subframe was removed from the vehicle in order to replace the engine, my bet is the tech did not mark the original location on the steering column when reinstalling it, then just did an alignment after the repair to center the wheel. Your steering rack is not centered, that is why you have 2 turns in one direction and 1 turn in the other.

Bring the car back to the dealer, it's a free repair ("comeback").
I suggest loading the audio unit with the following, set to repeat on the playlist:

:slap: baby come backkkkkkk
hahaha that’s the best reply I’ve very had! But thanks for the info! They said it was exactly that and fixed it for me.
Sponsored