Israel

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Does the Turbo in your civic sounds when its sucking in the Air? I always drive with the windows Up but weather on California is getting hotter. Last night i drove with the windows down streets were quite and i heard this sound when i step on my Gas pedal half throttle this sound like Air been sucking in thru the exaust or under my Car . Has anybody heard it?
Sponsored

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
normal sound. that the turbo sucking air thru the intake. sound is more prominent when you get on the gas

OP
OP
Israel

Israel

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
normal sound. that the turbo sucking air thru the intake. sound is more prominent when you get on the gas
I didnt notice it before
I got it New Now has 8,000 miles
Could it be everything has break-in ?

alias Igme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Romeo 156, Honda Civic (1.5t hatchback)
Country flag
I'm not sure about the sound, but isn't the function of turbochargers to make the engine take in technically more air? or maybe you are hearing the turbine(?) ?

caspar21

2018 Civic Si
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
i have noticed that when you get to about 0-1 psi on light throttle you will hear it venting boost.
you can also hear it spinning up as it comes up to temps.

a dropin filter has made mine even easier to hear.

fun stuff

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It is 100% normal. My wife's SI has about 3,400 miles on it and you can clearly hear it sucking in air through the intake when it's quiet outside. The first time she heard it, she thought something was dragging under the car. Once you put a CAI and tune the car (early/aggressive spooling), you'll hear it more prominently. Even better, with a CAI, when you let off, you'll hear the car make the turbo sound everyone wants. I'm talking about the "Psssssshhhh" sound.

PRL CAI Intake Sounds:

OP
OP
Israel

Israel

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It is 100% normal. My wife's SI has about 3,400 miles on it and you can clearly hear it sucking in air through the intake when it's quiet outside. The first time she heard it, she thought something was dragging under the car. Once you put a CAI and tune the car (early/aggressive spooling), you'll hear it more prominently. Even better, with a CAI, when you let off, you'll hear the car make the turbo sound everyone wants. I'm talking about the "Psssssshhhh" sound.

PRL CAI Intake Sounds:
The CAI is the Air intake right? Is it better than the prl stage 1 intake ?
How do you install CAI can you do it on your own ?
Did you tuned it with Hondata?

OP
OP
Israel

Israel

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm not sure about the sound, but isn't the function of turbochargers to make the engine take in technically more air? or maybe you are hearing the turbine(?) ?
Yeah i migh be hearing the turbine. I hear like something like air blow thru my exaust when i steo hard on the Gas at 4000RPM

Neps18Si

First Name
P-Low
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan (sold), 2019 Civic Sport Hatch CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had to tell my wife about her Sport Hatch about what a turbo does and how the car reacts when you hit the gas. She came from a NA car 2016 Scion iM and her hatch is way faster then that. She already knows the turbo sound from hearing it in my Si.
Our turbos are small, but get in a car that has a bigger turbo and that beautiful sound is more pronounced. And if you have drive behind a diesel truck that has work done to it the turbo spools sounds like and air plane. You can hear it form the exhaust.
We got peewee turbos.

OP
OP
Israel

Israel

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I had to tell my wife about her Sport Hatch about what a turbo does and how the car reacts when you hit the gas. She came from a NA car 2016 Scion iM and her hatch is way faster then that. She already knows the turbo sound from hearing it in my Si.
Our turbos are small, but get in a car that has a bigger turbo and that beautiful sound is more pronounced. And if you have drive behind a diesel truck that has work done to it the turbo spools sounds like and air plane. You can hear it form the exhaust.
We got peewee turbos.
I know ive heard we have small turbos, probably a bigger turbo for our civics would damage the engine

Tomyabo225

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT
Country flag
I agree I just noticed on mine as well too. I wouldnt hear it before
Is it normal for a turbo to sound different over time? Mine just became a lot more noticable recently at 30k miles
Sponsored