Trip Automatic Reset Question

Empyrean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Hello everyone,

So after reading through the manual it says that there is an option to have trip A reset automatically on fillup. I believe it was page 30. However I don't have the setting location it is talking about and can't find anything on the console. Anyone able to get this working? I have an EX Hatchback

Thanks!
Sponsored

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan, 2015 Acura MDX Elite
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
However I don't have the setting location it is talking about and can't find anything on the console. Anyone able to get this working? I have an EX Hatchback

Thanks!
I have it working in my sport hatch, if you can wait a bit I can give you the step by step.

OP
OP
Empyrean

Empyrean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I have it working in my sport hatch, if you can wait a bit I can give you the step by step.
Okay sounds good, Im wondering if the process is different for the ex and up.

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan, 2015 Acura MDX Elite
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Okay sounds good, Im wondering if the process is different for the ex and up.
In Canada the sport hatch has the upgraded tach and head unit.

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I stumbled on this a few months ago. I don't know why because I don't really care about the numbers but for whatever reason I like to reset the trip whenever I fill up.

OP
OP
Empyrean

Empyrean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Settings/vehicle/trip A reset timing/ then press "when refuelled"
Weird, so mine is actually another setting deeper, its the second option under vehicle settings but I can't remember what its called.

I stumbled on this a few months ago. I don't know why because I don't really care about the numbers but for whatever reason I like to reset the trip whenever I fill up.
I like it just for myself. It doesn't really effect anything, but knowing my gas mileage and the averages just lets me have reference points.

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I set mine to reset when I fill up, cause i can also reset it manually without having to dive into the settings if I want.
I set the B trip on manual so it keeps track of how many miles since I checked my catch can last.

OP
OP
Empyrean

Empyrean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I set mine to reset when I fill up, cause i can also reset it manually without having to dive into the settings if I want.
I set the B trip on manual so it keeps track of how many miles since I checked my catch can last.
Checked your catch can?

cypress

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mind blown! Here I was always doing this manually after every fill up! Good to know.

DrwMDvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Si Sedan, 2000 Honda Civic
Country flag
How soon after fill up does it reset? Reason I ask is, my process for recording gas mileage is to look at the mileage after I fill up at the gas station, and not before. So if it were to reset right after I fill up, when I turn the car on, then I would just need to change my habits to record the mileage before I get out to fill the car up. I'm using the Fuelly app to keep track of mileage.

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How soon after fill up does it reset? Reason I ask is, my process for recording gas mileage is to look at the mileage after I fill up at the gas station, and not before. So if it were to reset right after I fill up, when I turn the car on, then I would just need to change my habits to record the mileage before I get out to fill the car up. I'm using the Fuelly app to keep track of mileage.
You better record it before you fill up, by the time I get back in and turn it on, its reset.

OP
OP
Empyrean

Empyrean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
You just have to go to the trip monitor and it'll show you the previous 2 trip A resets so you can write it down from there
Sponsored