TPMS Sensors

raymondmit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EX
Country flag
No TPMS sensors in the Type R wheels. There is a system that measures the diameter of the tires.
I would assume that you are referring to ABS sensor, basically, that's what is used for ABS system as well as indirect TPMS.
Sorry if im mistaken
Sponsored

justinjspog

Civic Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Ok I’m
You are talking about stock/factory feature right?
All cars with ABS system is capable of getting an indirect TPMS installed so Honda civic is capable
That's why i buy the OBD TPMS device for my Canadian Civic. Basically, it gets the data from ABS sensor and
You are talking about stock/factory feature right?
All cars with ABS system is capable of getting an indirect TPMS installed so Honda civic is capable
That's why i buy the OBD TPMS device for my Canadian Civic. Basically, it gets the data from ABS sensor and sends to the device then warns you when you have a flat
Works like a charm, you should check it out online
sends to the device then warns you when you have a flat
Works like a charm, you should check it out online[/
Oh I’ll definitely be checking it out. I’m just saying that you mentioned Honda’s acceptable range and such, but ours have zero TPMS infrastructure even in the computer. Your ABS will definitely work for your OBD-based. That’s how our traction control works too. I think it’s awesome that you found this awesome addition on eBay. I just need to make sure I have a tall blank to the left of my steering wheel. I think I only have a small square empty. I’ll just have to check.

2018ChampwhiteCTR

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic type r; 2014 Honda Pilot; 2001 Honda prelude
Country flag
Tpms lights been on a few weeks now. Just wondering if anyone has manually removed or have to bring it back in to dealership. Tires look perfectly normal and only have 900+ miles on the odometer. Originally filled with nitrofill so this was supposed to eliminate any false readings such as temp drops.

Ruckus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R. 2012 Honda Ruckus. 2001 civic sedan. 2012 accord sedan.
Country flag
Tpms lights been on a few weeks now. Just wondering if anyone has manually removed or have to bring it back in to dealership. Tires look perfectly normal and only have 900+ miles on the odometer. Originally filled with nitrofill so this was supposed to eliminate any false readings such as temp drops.
did you reset the light? it will not go off by itself you need to reset it by going into vehicle settings. also honda recommends not using nitrofill, there actually a bulletin on it. not because it hurts anything because it really doesnt do anything for our vehicles. anyways try resetting the light after checking your pressures, if the light keeps coming back then id take it in Honda Civic 10th gen TPMS Sensors nitro

Last edited:

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
indirect TPMS is the biggest joke honda has ever come out with. i understand why they did it but should have just stayed with sensors. all day, literally ALL DAY long we have customers coming in with low tire lights on. check the tires and guess what? all right where they should be. reset the light and see you later. on the flip side ill have cars come in with 20 psi in the tires and no light is on. they came out with software updates for some vehicles to try and make the system better but its just useless.
Mine is real bad about this, get the light on. Come home and check I have like 36/36/36/35. Ugh. Reset it and keep going. Could only imagine someone older/ not car inclined having to mess with it.

Ruckus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R. 2012 Honda Ruckus. 2001 civic sedan. 2012 accord sedan.
Country flag
Mine is real bad about this, get the light on. Come home and check I have like 36/36/36/35. Ugh. Reset it and keep going. Could only imagine someone older/ not car inclined having to mess with it.
another thing you can do if your constantly having problems is basically reset the system entirely. if you go into the settings and do the TPMS initialization 3 times one after another this will basically wipe the memory and your starting from scratch. the system will confirm this has been done by illuminating the low tire light for about 2 seconds after the 3rd time you relearn it. then drive the vehicle 10-15 miles above 40 mph.

Last edited:

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
another thing you can do if your constantly having problems is basically reset the system entirely. if you go into the setter and do the TPMS initialization 3 times one after another this will basically wipe the memory and your starting from scratch. the system will confirm this has been done by illuminating the low tire light for about 2 seconds after the 3rd time you relearn it. then drive the vehicle 10-15 miles above 40 mph.
Nice if it comes back I’ll give that a shot! Thank ya

DOZOIR

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe (lunar silver)
Country flag
Canadian version doesn't get the feature of TPMS, so I had to find another way to boost up my safety
I purchased this kind of device that hooks up to OBD port and it works perfectly.
It will show which tire is running flat and gives warning with sound and flashes
I tested the device with about 25 psi and it works like a charm.
I think it's better than the factory TPMS that the US version has caz it will tell you which tire is flat instead of just a general warning.
Ebay sells it too now
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/-/282856260100

tpms car.png
Reviving this old thread...

I am thinking of adding this TPMS to my dash. Would you have a short long-term review? Accuracy? How do you find the illumination? Bright or just right?

Much appreciated

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Reviving this old thread...

I am thinking of adding this TPMS to my dash. Would you have a short long-term review? Accuracy? How do you find the illumination? Bright or just right?

Much appreciated
I haven't used any of these types of systems, but there are two types of 3rd party TPMS sensors that I found similar to this.
  • One uses a sensor internal to the wheel (you have to remove the tire to install it) which would make getting things reset when you rotate tires around a PITA possibly. Though it would get rid of the guesswork of whether or not your tire was low, you may end up still having to check all 4 to find the culprit tire.
  • The second type is the one that presses up against the valve stem and replaces the valve stem cap. Anything pressing up against the valve stem will eventually flatten the tire, albeit slowly. Most people prefer not to have a setup like this. However, being external to the wheel, it's easier to rotate around and the indicator can actually tell you which tire is the culprit in the even of low tire pressure readings.
This is just something to consider if you're thinking about getting either one of these systems from just the usability standpoint (barring display, accuracy, etc.).
Sponsored