Thoughts on Varrstoen?

Beenawhile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
These wheels are very affordable and a few of them look great. I've found a lot of reviews and online discussions indicating that they are, in fact, good wheels - despite the price. Here's a link to their "clearance" section. The prices you see are for all four wheels.

http://www.varrstoen.com/clearance/

Anybody know something I don't? I used to own a pair of genuine BBS LM's and I always felt they were a massive waste of money for a DD. That being said, I never had to worry about them suddenly breaking in half at 120mph.
Sponsored

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
These wheels are very affordable and a few of them look great. I've found a lot of reviews and online discussions indicating that they are, in fact, good wheels - despite the price. Here's a link to their "clearance" section. The prices you see are for all four wheels.

http://www.varrstoen.com/clearance/

Anybody know something I don't? I used to own a pair of genuine BBS LM's and I always felt they were a massive waste of money for a DD. That being said, I never had to worry about them suddenly breaking in half at 120mph.
There's such a wide spectrum when it comes to wheels.

You have the high-end stuff like BBS, HRE, Rays, etc., then on the other end you have the BBZ, HRF, Rayz (fake knockoffs..lol), and then everything else kind of falls in the middle.

Varrstoens are fine for DD, and they look pretty good. Maybe have reservations about tracking, but all in all those prices are absolutely killer. Just remember for every horror story you find online there are thousands of people running them happily.

OP
OP
Beenawhile

Beenawhile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just remember for every horror story you find online there are thousands of people running them happily.
My thoughts exactly.

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Another thing to consider is what corners were cut to bring the costs down?
Usually its in inferior materials (poor grades of aluminum), poor manufacturing process (cast vs forge), no R & D on their design (since they just copy high end designs), etc.

mokylim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic LX-P
Country flag
I believe im the only person repping the Varrstoen brand in the forum ( havent really seen anyone post).

Reason why i got them is i didnt want to spend a lot for somehing i have to use daily. Thought of this after a piece of rock hit my hood+windshield+roof 2 months in of owning it. And that was just me driving to work like i normally would.

Been using them for 2-3 months and theyre great for daily use. Had no issues whatsoever during balancing. Definitely heavier than my stock 16's since i got 18's.
another thing that made me decide to get them was the service. that rep that was helping me out was knowledgable on all the things on what the best fit was for my car since they never had a civicx use their wheel and i was the first. Kenny was nice enough to work with to the point that it was cool for me to stop by their shop and test fit a wheel and decide from there.

Theyre located in LA. Here are a couple of pics:

Honda Civic 10th gen Thoughts on Varrstoen? EBC36B0B-8AED-49DF-ABEC-4081FD619E2C
Honda Civic 10th gen Thoughts on Varrstoen? IMG_6015.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Thoughts on Varrstoen? IMG_6032.JPG

and a picture of my visit:

Honda Civic 10th gen Thoughts on Varrstoen? IMG_5908.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Thoughts on Varrstoen? IMG_5906.JPG