The Si and greater Honda community.

jaydubz79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
So I'm driving along a few days ago and low and behold I drive up next to another 10th gen Si. I give a little beep and wave, next thing I know the guy downshift and floors it. So I think to myself, maybe he didn't see me and missed my extension of friendship. Nope, dude did the same exact thing when I pulled up next to him again.

Now , before you say this was a one off... This has happened before with other 10th gen Si drivers. I'll wave and most will look, but not really react.

Has anyone else experienced this? Coming from the VW community especially GTIs with any sort of VAG wheel and suspension combo always got a peace sign and a wave. What is it about the Si community?

Thoughts?
Sponsored

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
I feel the same way. Ive pulled up on multiple 8th, 9th, and 10th gen Si on the road and tried to get their attention in a friendly way and always get a glance and nothing more. Its definitely not a tight community. I get jealous because a friend of mine drives a jeep and that community really embraces their own, wish ours were more like that.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
In my limited interactions with other SI's, I've experienced the opposite. I ran into two 9th gens while driving down to Jersey - we danced around with each other the whole way and formed a convoy. I also pulled up behind a 9th gen SI the same color as mine driving around town and he looked in his mirror an gave me a thumbs up.

The same happened when pulling up alongside another 10th gen SI, though that guy did seem much less friendly. Maybe it's because the 10th gen SI owners are a bit younger on average and the 8th and 9th gen folks have had time to realize that there's a community out there. I find that 8th and 9th gen SI owners are super friendly though.

TheBatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CTR Boost Blue, '21 Mazda 3
Country flag
I had some dude pull up next to me on an interstate...and then take off like he had something to prove. Was a time when that would have set me off...but i'm wiser these days. I used to have a '66 Mustang, and every other 'stang owner would wave when passing. E-V-E-R-Y one. I also ride motorcycles, and a majority of them give the biker wave (except for some of the Harley crowd - most of them buy an attitude when they buy their bike...).

Robotaz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
It's just my opinion, but the Si community around me seems younger and a little more competitive instead of friendly.

Again, my opinion, but it seems like a lot of communities are typically older.

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
what state/area do you live in? maybe the ppl where you live just arent as friendly/open to strangers.

like in Missouri or alabama etc. ppl will wave to strangers and not feel weird. in somewhere like penn or nj etc., if you greet strangers theyll think youre crazy.

Jawnytsunawmy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
From my experiences so far, I’ve only received a couple of wave backs from a few of 9th and 10thgen owners. 8thgen owners haven’t acknowledged me just yet :cry:. I’ve only had one encounter with another Honda trying to race me but that was an integra. When I had my 9thgen with a catback exhaust and catless downpipe, almost every Honda (and other various cars) I have wanted to wave back and compliment just wanted to run against me. I really blend in traffic on my 2018 si so I rarely have someone messing with me which is nice for a change.

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There is a distinct segregation between 10th gen and previous gen Si owners too. It seems like the older gen owners don't feel like the 10th gen is worthy cuz it is a turbo and doesn't have VTEC. I come from the "old" school Honda days of VTEC too, with many previous Honda's. I'm guessing most previous gen owners have not driven a 10th gen, or they would probably be impressed with it's stock form. I can appreciate all gens and am always on the lookout for them. I guess not everyone is of the same mentality.

RallyeX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
I'll generally give a little peace sign while still gripping the wheel or when my arms in the window sill and windows down. I've only ever gotten a waveback by the only other red sport hatch ive seen in my city. I've been tailgated by many previous gens of hondas, then get a peace or slight wave by them followed by a pull. My parents own a jeep and they have a very tight community, I've been wanting to have a local 10th gen meet, but not many in my city have the "honda pride" except the vtec community.

Sgamon12

First Name
Salvador
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
I’ve noticed a lot of youngsters drive the previous gens since they’re so cheap now so everytime I see one they’ll try to race me or do a fly by

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
I saw another black 10th gen SI sedan on the way to work today. I didn't bother waving, but was nice to see my car from multiple angles as he passed. I'm not trying to race on the NJ Parkway, especially during prime commuting hours. I'm fine with getting 44mpg on my drive into work.

herox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
My experience has been the opposite. I used to have people rev their motors at me in my Integra but every 10th gen Si I've encountered has waved at me. There's even been a couple times where I'll return to my car in the parking lot and find another 10th gen Si parked next to me. I thought this was mainly a Subaru thing.

BrianDevin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 EX HatchWagon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There's one guy in my college town with a blue FK7 that waves back, but I get nothing else

augustus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatch EX Lunar Silver
Country flag
There's one thing you have to know about me; I'm a waver. I haven't been able to get one damn fellow 10th gen HB owner to wave back. I'd say there are at least two of each color and then perhaps two Rs around here....but nothing. Maybe the angle of the windshield or something and they can't see me....but wait, I can see them :hmm:

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Getting waves from fellow SI and Type R owners would be one thing, but I'd imagine that the standard 10th gen hatchbacks and sedans are so ubiquitous that it's unlikely that you'll get an acknowledgement.
Sponsored