Ajk42189

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic type R
Country flag
What’s up! I was thinking about getting my taillights smoked on my 2021 fk8. Do you guys think it’s a bad look? Should I swap them for some mugen style taillights instead? Not really trying to spend that mugen mod money but if it looks better I’m willing to bite the bullet. Suggestions needed! And pics of different taillights on the R as well! Thanks!!!
Sponsored

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
But if you do replace them with aftermarket, I'll be interested in buying your OE tail lamps

OP
OP
Ajk42189

Ajk42189

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic type R
Country flag

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi Rev Sports makes nice ones. You can find them on ebay and amazon now though as others have discovered the factory in china where Hi Rev has them made and now they are everywhere. Personally I wouldn't buy the Mugen because the inner part of the light that sits on the hatch does not function. The Hi Rev ones do! You simply have to run a wire up to the hatch and then back down and plug it in. I just feel like the sequential of the Mugen is too short, whereas with these it starts much farther in.

Here is a video of the HRS sequential:

Here is the Mugen:

See how only the outer piece does the sequential? Laaaaame.

Honda Civic 10th gen Taillight mods for fk8 1625747497886

Honda Civic 10th gen Taillight mods for fk8 1625748630079

Go for Suma Performance tail lights.
For what it's worth, those are the Hi Rev V2 lights. They are all the same.

I found the exact side markers I paid $90 shipped for from SUMA, on Amazon for $45, and have installed like 3 sets now they all have the same quality as the SUMA. They just buy from China and rebrand, same as Hi Rev, but I do feel like the price is a bit higher at SUMA than others who resell the same items.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ajk42189

Ajk42189

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic type R
Country flag
But if you do replace them with aftermarket, I'll be interested in buying your OE tail lamps
Hi Rev Sports makes nice ones. You can find them on ebay and amazon now though as others have discovered the factory in china where Hi Rev has them made and now they are everywhere. Personally I wouldn't buy the Mugen because the inner part of the light that sits on the hatch does not function. The Hi Rev ones do! You simply have to run a wire up to the hatch and then back down and plug it in. I just feel like the sequential of the Mugen is too short, whereas with these it starts much farther in.

Here is a video of the HRS sequential:

Here is the Mugen:

See how only the outer piece does the sequential? Laaaaame.

1625747497886.png

1625748630079.png

For what it's worth, those are the Hi Rev V2 lights. They are all the same.

I found the exact side markers I paid $90 shipped for from SUMA, on Amazon for $45, and have installed like 3 sets now they all have the same quality as the SUMA. They just buy from China and rebrand, same as Hi Rev, but I do feel like the price is a bit higher at SUMA than others who resell the same items.
hi revs look really nice. So do the Suma performance taillights! Which set do you think is a easier instal?