Switching 2017 Civic Sedan Rims with 2017 Hatchback

Brony2012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Honda Accord EX Sedan
Country flag
I plan on getting a new Civic 2017 Sedan EX-T in April (manual of course) and I would like to change the rims from the regular stock rims, to the hatchback rims that look, in my opinion, way better. Do you think the dealership will change these out for me, or am I better off dreaming a different dream? I know the rims are 1 inch larger than the sedans, which would change the tires of the sedan to be 1 inch less to compensate, at least that sounds right to me. I could be totally wrong about all of this, but I am a newbie to the land of car owning and wheels, etc. Thanks for your help.
Sponsored

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
They will, but they will charge you MSRP for each rim, and each tire, and labour to install it.

If you're asking if they will exchange it with the Sedan's rims, unless somebody is right there looking for sedan rims/tires, they likely will not.

OP
OP

Brony2012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Honda Accord EX Sedan
Country flag
Maybe instead of switching the rims with the hatchback, I could instead sell the tires and rims to a local shop and buy a new pair of rims with better tires. I heard that the stock tires suck on the sedan. But now I'm second guessing the sedan because the interior comes in gray with the cosmic blue as the paint, which sucks because I love cosmic blue so much, but I hate the interior. I would much rather have a black interior. Maybe I'll just get the coupe instead and sacrifice the cosmic blue exterior for a more so sportier looking car. Decisions, decisions.

midengine driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport , 2019 Buick Encore AWD, Sold 3800SC Fiero had a few Fieros
Country flag
I plan on getting a new Civic 2017 Sedan EX-T in April (manual of course) and I would like to change the rims from the regular stock rims, to the hatchback rims that look, in my opinion, way better. Do you think the dealership will change these out for me, or am I better off dreaming a different dream? I know the rims are 1 inch larger than the sedans, which would change the tires of the sedan to be 1 inch less to compensate, at least that sounds right to me. I could be totally wrong about all of this, but I am a newbie to the land of car owning and wheels, etc. Thanks for your help.
Up to a few years ago I was selling vehicles. 37 years. It is getting harder to do that because the manufacture "certifies" the vehicle to that years vehicles government regulations. So you may find the dealer saying I wish I could but your wonderful government will not let me. Thank the special interest people for that.

Now for the Hatchback Sport Wheels. You may want to rethink you decision, I just ran the car through a car wash to get all the salt and grime off it. Hmmm seems that inside the wheel, it collects dirt! Lots of it and the car wash doesn't get inside the wheels. Looks bad. And it is too cold to wash by hand. 20 degrees.

Last edited:

iWantaHatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic ExlNavi,2016 PiloTouring
My stock wheels & tires are available for sale at Delray Honda. If you're serious about this let me know in April and can try to help you out. Had 300 miles when I swapped them for the 19's I have now

Touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2013 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Has anyone on this forum put the Sport wheels on a sedan yet? Might want to get some in the near future if I get some extra cash, but would like to see some pics/info first

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
Up to a few years ago I was selling vehicles. 37 years. It is getting harder to do that because the manufacture "certifies" the vehicle to that years vehicles government regulations. So you may find the dealer saying I wish I could but your wonderful government will not let me. Thank the special interest people for that.

Now for the Hatchback Sport Wheels. You may want to rethink you decision, I just ran the car through a car wash to get all the salt and grime off it. Hmmm seems that inside the wheel, it collects dirt! Lots of it and the car wash doesn't get inside the wheels. Looks bad. And it is too cold to wash by hand. 20 degrees.
Imthink the same design that keeps air out of the wheel for better MPG keeps water out during the car wash. Another reason to use winter wheels.

kchigh5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2k17 civic sedan
These are the factory rims I got. First impression they looked like an odd futuristic design now taking a picture the look basic the honeymoon phase is starting to over

Honda Civic 10th gen Switching 2017 Civic Sedan Rims with 2017 Hatchback 20170124_170200
Sponsored