Swift Springs W/ 27MM Spacers.....Will it work?

Jimmyjambo_fk8

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I have an OEM setup with the Perrin 27mm Spacers, wanted to know about installing the swift springs, will there be an issue with rubbing?
Sponsored

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You should be fine, I had oem wheels with swift springs and seem to have lots of room. Here is a picture with just the springs, no spacers.

Honda Civic 10th gen Swift Springs W/ 27MM Spacers.....Will it work? 20200328_140933

OP
OP
Jimmyjambo_fk8

Jimmyjambo_fk8

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
You should be fine, I had oem wheels with swift springs and seem to have lots of room. Here is a picture with just the springs, no spacers.

20200328_140933.jpg
my concern is with the spacers coming out, an entire 1” and the room. It’s right on the edge, that has me worried.

thanks for the message and pic.

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
my concern is with the spacers coming out, an entire 1” and the room. It’s right on the edge, that has me worried.

thanks for the message and pic.
You're welcome. Yeah true, hard to say for sure. Hopefully another member already has done it and can give you a better idea.

BroDontYouKnow

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R (FK8)
Country flag
I'm about to run 27mm Perrin spacers along with Spoon Sports springs on the FK8(stock wheels). I'll post an update this weekend.

BroDontYouKnow

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R (FK8)
Country flag
Sweet. I hope for a positive update!
27mm spacers + spoon sports progressive springs (20mm drop) on stock wheels.

No rubbing in the back, slight rub on the front wheels (fender liner bolt next to the corner of the orange signal) only when gunning it 20mph over bumps. (Did this for test purposes) other than that take it slow on bumps and dips, as anyone should, everything should be fine.
Honda Civic 10th gen Swift Springs W/ 27MM Spacers.....Will it work? 33AC8810-FFC9-42BF-A57D-BD05C05FC3B4
Honda Civic 10th gen Swift Springs W/ 27MM Spacers.....Will it work? 1ED9876A-C797-499C-8BCA-511880734BB6

OP
OP
Jimmyjambo_fk8

Jimmyjambo_fk8

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I never ended up purchasing the springs. I've been told on numerous occasions that the rear will be fine but a slight rub on the front, in certain conditions.

Logan_killin

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
Gotcha. Good to know. I put the 27mm spacers on over the weekend and I’m lowered with stock rims, but 255/35 tires (a hair bigger than oem) and I’m rubbing over every little bump on the freeway. Bummed about this as I love the look at the Fitment is #hellaflush but spacers are definitely coming off for the time being

Last edited:

ApexEight

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I got a set of GarageLine 30mm spacers while I wait for my wheels to arrive. -3.5F/-2.5R camber, lowered on Espelir springs (seems to be similar to a Swift drop, maybe more?), stock tire size. Front sidemarker tabs are bent, rear plastic overfenders are shaved. I rub the front fender liners under hard, hard braking but I think I've made enough clearance. And the rear rubs the metal overfender on bumps under cornering load. Surprised at some of the bumps I can take at highway speeds without rubbing. The rub occurs in very specific situations. Some dips you think you'd rub but don't and others that seem not as bad you end up rubbing on. It's not horrific but certainly not ideally, but I can live with it.
Honda Civic 10th gen Swift Springs W/ 27MM Spacers.....Will it work? 1000006652

Logan_killin

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
I got a set of GarageLine 30mm spacers while I wait for my wheels to arrive. -3.5F/-2.5R camber, lowered on Espelir springs (seems to be similar to a Swift drop, maybe more?), stock tire size. Front sidemarker tabs are bent, rear plastic overfenders are shaved. I rub the front fender liners under hard, hard braking but I think I've made enough clearance. And the rear rubs the metal overfender on bumps under cornering load. Surprised at some of the bumps I can take at highway speeds without rubbing. The rub occurs in very specific situations. Some dips you think you'd rub but don't and others that seem not as bad you end up rubbing on. It's not horrific but certainly not ideally, but I can live with it.
1000006652.jpg
This is good to know! This fitment looks great! To achieve the -3.5F/-2.5R camber do you run aftermarket camber arms? or can this be done stock? I think I will be good once I dial in my camber to be similar to yours and get stock rubber. Also side note, Front lip looks good af!

ApexEight

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
This is good to know! This fitment looks great! To achieve the -3.5F/-2.5R camber do you run aftermarket camber arms? or can this be done stock? I think I will be good once I dial in my camber to be similar to yours and get stock rubber. Also side note, Front lip looks good af!
Thanks, for the front camber, I have camber ball joints sent to max negative and the top hats set to max positive (stock position). Rear is achieved just from the lowering springs. Front lip is a 3D printed piece from JMJRDesign. đź‘Ť

Logan_killin

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
Thanks, for the front camber, I have camber ball joints sent to max negative and the top hats set to max positive (stock position). Rear is achieved just from the lowering springs. Front lip is a 3D printed piece from JMJRDesign. đź‘Ť
Appreciate all this info! Good stuff here! Fingers crossed this works for me as well!
Sponsored