tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Is there any proven power gains from a exhaust upgrade on the Fk8? As an example a stock exhaust with a tune vs a performance exhaust with a tune?
Or is it just for sound and aesthetics?
Mostly sound and aesthetics. If memory serves, you'll see minimal peak gains with an exhaust+tune (maybe 5, if that) while most of the gains will be midrange (10 HP). Without a tune, you'll still see some midrange gains, but no real peak gains.
Sponsored

Jimmyjambo_fk8

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I never thought I’d spend more that $1000 on a exhaust thinking back to the b-series projects,
The Fk8 is another level the exhaust companies must be making a fortune?
Most 1000-2000 dollars have average fitment hanging down getting caught on everything,
The spoon is big big money but the quality is there throughout the system.
I've had several Honda projects myself, its amazing to me these companies are fetching these big dollars. I believe Spoon makes a great product, but the price is driven up for the name. I really like 27Won's exhaust. Maybe in the future, I'll purchase something used. lol.

Jimmyjambo_fk8

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Is there any proven power gains from a exhaust upgrade on the Fk8? As an example a stock exhaust with a tune vs a performance exhaust with a tune?
Or is it just for sound and aesthetics?
I was told a MAX of 5hp. The exhaust is for sound. The DP makes the biggest impact.

Mickdc2

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Yea maybe I’ll go for the muffler delete after all lol
Sponsored